Dubya picks up the paintbrush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
20140405_PAINTINGS-slide-YMR8-blog427.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/05/u...icmst=1388552400000&bicmet=1420088400000&_r=2

Somebody make him stop, please, he's ruined the world enough already.

I laughed when I first saw this, but he's pretty good, I think. The portraits are definitely an improvement over the house cats he used to paint. :lol:

In wonder if he'll start painting pictures of horribly disfigured 19-year old troops, dead Iraqis, water boarding procedures, and maimed Afghani children.

Jesus, give it a fucking break already.

Jesus, are you fucking kidding me?

Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld should be in jail for war crimes on the basis of torture alone. Because some stupid manchild does some shitty paintings somehow the nightmare of 2001-2009 should be forgotten let alone forgiven?

We can never forget for forgive what that group did to the country and the world.

Jesus, are you fucking kidding me?

Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld should be in jail for war crimes on the basis of torture alone. Because some stupid manchild does some shitty paintings somehow the nightmare of 2001-2009 should be forgotten let alone forgiven?

We can never forget for forgive what that group did to the country and the world.

Jesus, no im not.

Is this thread about Bush's paintings or your personal feelings about him?

Um, both? This is a discussion forum.

okay then

In wonder if he'll start painting pictures of horribly disfigured 19-year old troops, dead Iraqis, water boarding procedures, and maimed Afghani children.

How many 19 year old troops have been horribly disfigured on Obama's watch? How about Clinton while we are at it?

How many of those 19 year old troops were forced to join the military? Last time I checked we had an all volunteer army.

Dead Iraqis, as opposed to what, the Saddam era? I guess you are buying into the idea that Iraq was Disneyland under Saddam?

Water boarding procedures, how many people were water boarded versus how many people have been killed by drone strikes under Obama? Im pretty sure the folks who were waterboarded are still alive, unlike those who were killed by drone strikes. Not that I have a problem with drone strikes, mind you, though a dead man tells no tales and gives little to no intel.

Maimed Afghani children...yes that is terrible...any child who is caught up in war is a terrible thing. I suppose the decent thing to do would be to have never gone into Afghanistan, never have pursued the Taliban, Al Qaeda, or Bin Laden. Its not like they would have ever tried to strike on American soil again, or elsewhere, right?

How many bombs have went off in Afghanistan post Jan 2009? Im sure they all hit their mark, correct? Or do we have a war criminal in the White House today in Obama? Like when his AG was running guns into Mexico and killed a bunch of innocent Mexicans and an American border patrol agent. Oh, but Obama is for gay marriage, I guess that makes it alright.

oh, wow, zing! you brought up Obama! you think i only care about one issue!

listen, chief, when you take planes in and out of DC often, say at DCA or BWI, you see a lot of soldiers getting on and off planes who are horribly disfigured (i saw three burn victims getting of an AA flight from Dallas this past weekend) and are going through DC for some reason. when you work a mile from Walter Reed, and have since 2003, you've seen a lot of soldiers with missing limbs at Pot Belly in downtown Silver Spring. it's pretty raw for me. it has been for a long time. or perhaps a friend of yours is a masseuse and he volunteers at Water Reed and tells you about doing massage on a 25 year old who has no arms and no legs, they were all blown off by an IED.

perhaps because the Army is voluntary you think that makes them cannon fodder. i don't.

i will remind you that Afghanistan and Iraq were wars of choice begun by the Bush administration, and Iraq in particular, showed the willful manipulation of intelligence and the exploitation of 3,000 deaths in order to justify an invasion of a country that posed no direct threat to us and resulted in the deaths of 100,000 Iraqis, over 4,000 Americans, and ruined the lives of thousands and thousands more.

water boarding is torture. if you'd like to do the childish, "oh yeah, but this is bad TOO" argument, sure, you can do that. let's talk about Hiroshima! let's talk about Jim Crow! let's talk about Benghazi! those are BAD THINGS! and Bush didn't do those things! let's totally make wild comparisons between all BAD THINGS and pretend they're the same, and if Obama does one BAD THING then that means that all of Bush's BAD THINGS don't count!

or you could understand that drones and waterboarding are very, very different things and discuss each issue separately.

but if you'd rather make bad comparisons and offer totalizing statements and weak assumptions -- "if you object to the Iraq War that means you love Saddam" -- as if you're fucking STING or something, then i'm not going to help you out.

What's with the right's almost perverse obsession with Putin??

oh, wow, zing! you brought up Obama! you think i only care about one issue!

listen, chief, when you take planes in and out of DC often, say at DCA or BWI, you see a lot of soldiers getting on and off planes who are horribly disfigured (i saw three burn victims getting of an AA flight from Dallas this past weekend) and are going through DC for some reason. when you work a mile from Walter Reed, and have since 2003, you've seen a lot of soldiers with missing limbs at Pot Belly in downtown Silver Spring. it's pretty raw for me. it has been for a long time. or perhaps a friend of yours is a masseuse and he volunteers at Water Reed and tells you about doing massage on a 25 year old who has no arms and no legs, they were all blown off by an IED.

perhaps because the Army is voluntary you think that makes them cannon fodder. i don't.

Forgive me if I assumed you care only about one issue, my apologies for that I clearly misspoke.

I must tell you though I am in fact a disabled veteran. I would never ever think of my fellow soldiers as cannon fodder. However we did all take an oath to enlist knowing we could die for our country, as asinine as that may seem, we did volunteer knowing what could happen. Granted I am one of the lucky ones compared to what you have spoken of...but still if I had to do it all over again...I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

i will remind you that Afghanistan and Iraq were wars of choice begun by the Bush administration, and Iraq in particular, showed the willful manipulation of intelligence and the exploitation of 3,000 deaths in order to justify an invasion of a country that posed no direct threat to us and resulted in the deaths of 100,000 Iraqis, over 4,000 Americans, and ruined the lives of thousands and thousands more.

Im going to disagree that Afghanistan was a war of choice. I don't even know where you are going with that and probably do not even care. Iraq is clearly a different story. I hope you remember Hillary's Iraq vote in 2016 when she is the Dem nominee though...or her words from 2002 or even the actions of her husband regarding Saddam and the policy of regime change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrI21UytBhw

I know, I know, the NIE was flawed, wasn't it? Maybe Sen Clinton should have put aside her political aspirations then (along with many others from both parties) and not given the Bush administration carte blanche to go into Iraq and remove Saddam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

As one of my gay friends told me recently, he would definitely be voting for Hillary in 2016 because he likes a woman president who has balls.

Can't argue with that shit right there!

Go HILLARY! :up:

hillary-clinton-2016-elite-daily.jpg

i greatly respect and appreciate your service, which is why i lose my mind when i think of people in Washington -- who themselves will never, and have never, face(d) actual physical danger -- misusing the troops in contentious wars of choice.

Im going to disagree that Afghanistan was a war of choice. I don't even know where you are going with that and probably do not even care. Iraq is clearly a different story. I hope you remember Hillary's Iraq vote in 2016 when she is the Dem nominee though...or her words from 2002 or even the actions of her husband regarding Saddam and the policy of regime change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrI21UytBhw

I know, I know, the NIE was flawed, wasn't it? Maybe Sen Clinton should have put aside her political aspirations then (along with many others from both parties) and not given the Bush administration carte blanche to go into Iraq and remove Saddam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

As one of my gay friends told me recently, he would definitely be voting for Hillary in 2016 because he likes a woman president who has balls.

Can't argue with that shit right there!

Go HILLARY! :up:

hillary-clinton-2016-elite-daily.jpg

Hillary's Iraq vote is going to come back and haunt her, or at least she'll have to answer for it. i think she'll survive. i also think she'd be president today had she voted against the war in 2002, and we'd be excited about the upcoming campaign of VP Obama.

i did not vote for Hillary in 2008, and i actively supported Obama. the Iraq vote was a big part of that decision. we'll see who the candidates are in 2016, but i am fairly certain that the GOP is incapable of putting up someone who would ever get my vote -- and i'd consider myself capable of being persuaded by Christie.

i agree, Afghanistan is a much more complex issue than Iraq. i didn't see much else of an option in late 2001 than what was done, though i think the build up to the Iraq war detracted from the Afghanistan mission.

i greatly respect and appreciate your service, which is why i lose my mind when i think of people in Washington -- who themselves will never, and have never, face(d) actual physical danger -- misusing the troops in contentious wars of choice.

Thank You. There are some in Washington who have served though, like McCain and Kerry, and others who have put their lives on the line and deserve our respect for doing so.

One more thing about gay marriage, Obama reversed his policy on this a couple of times as we know. Since he declared in 2012 he was open to gay marriage.....people need to hold him to it. Don't ask me how but it needs to happen. I realize that may states are opposed to it, and even my hairdresser and his partner get married in San Francisco and then come back to Oklahoma where their marriage isn't recognized here, what a shame.

Hillary's Iraq vote is going to come back and haunt her, or at least she'll have to answer for it. i think she'll survive. i also think she'd be president today had she voted against the war in 2002, and we'd be excited about the upcoming campaign of VP Obama.

i did not vote for Hillary in 2008, and i actively supported Obama. the Iraq vote was a big part of that decision. we'll see who the candidates are in 2016, but i am fairly certain that the GOP is incapable of putting up someone who would ever get my vote -- and i'd consider myself capable of being persuaded by Christie.

i agree, Afghanistan is a much more complex issue than Iraq. i didn't see much else of an option in late 2001 than what was done, though i think the build up to the Iraq war detracted from the Afghanistan mission.

I think the party will be willing to whitewash the Hillary Iraq vote in 2016 - no pun intended. She will certainly survive and become the nominee unless there is some health issue we are not aware of.

The point about Christie is, well you know the bridge scandal, that's going to be the left's "Benghazi" and they wont let that one die. Even if Christie survives that he will have trouble with his own party because many of the far right fringe wont think he is conservative enough. They are whats killing the GOP, and why the Democrats will likely cruise to victory yet again.

i think within 5 years it will be a mostly settled issue.

Obama being "against" SSM until 2012 was transparently political -- everyone knew it, he knew it, and it was painful watching him try to hold that position for political expediency.

in fact, i was flying to OKC when i saw the veterans.

I must tell you though I am in fact a disabled veteran. I would never ever think of my fellow soldiers as cannon fodder. However we did all take an oath to enlist knowing we could die for our country, as asinine as that may seem, we did volunteer knowing what could happen. Granted I am one of the lucky ones compared to what you have spoken of...but still if I had to do it all over again...I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

:up:

I am a disabled vet as well. I've lost friends. And my blood boils whenever I see people use us to bash Bush and Obama.

We knew what we were doing, we knew what we signed up for.

And I have much respect for what George W. Bush does for us veterans. And so does just about everyone I've ever met in the military. He's always working with Wounded Warrior and is advocating against the stigma attached to PTSD. There hasn't been any other president that has done more for GWOT veterans than he has. Bush genuinely cares about veterans.

I am a disabled vet as well. I've lost friends. And my blood boils whenever I see people use us to bash Bush and Obama.

And I have much respect for what George W. Bush does for us veterans. And so does just about everyone I've ever met in the military. He's always working with Wounded Warrior and is advocating against the stigma attached to PTSD. There hasn't been any other president that has done more for GWOT veterans than he has. Bush genuinely cares about veterans.

Good Post :up:

I really appreciate you and Garrison sharing this perspective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom