Dubya picks up the paintbrush - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,061
Local Time: 02:25 AM
i greatly respect and appreciate your service, which is why i lose my mind when i think of people in Washington -- who themselves will never, and have never, face(d) actual physical danger -- misusing the troops in contentious wars of choice.
__________________

Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,061
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Im going to disagree that Afghanistan was a war of choice. I don't even know where you are going with that and probably do not even care. Iraq is clearly a different story. I hope you remember Hillary's Iraq vote in 2016 when she is the Dem nominee though...or her words from 2002 or even the actions of her husband regarding Saddam and the policy of regime change.



I know, I know, the NIE was flawed, wasn't it? Maybe Sen Clinton should have put aside her political aspirations then (along with many others from both parties) and not given the Bush administration carte blanche to go into Iraq and remove Saddam.




As one of my gay friends told me recently, he would definitely be voting for Hillary in 2016 because he likes a woman president who has balls.

Can't argue with that shit right there!

Go HILLARY!



Hillary's Iraq vote is going to come back and haunt her, or at least she'll have to answer for it. i think she'll survive. i also think she'd be president today had she voted against the war in 2002, and we'd be excited about the upcoming campaign of VP Obama.

i did not vote for Hillary in 2008, and i actively supported Obama. the Iraq vote was a big part of that decision. we'll see who the candidates are in 2016, but i am fairly certain that the GOP is incapable of putting up someone who would ever get my vote -- and i'd consider myself capable of being persuaded by Christie.

i agree, Afghanistan is a much more complex issue than Iraq. i didn't see much else of an option in late 2001 than what was done, though i think the build up to the Iraq war detracted from the Afghanistan mission.
__________________

Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i greatly respect and appreciate your service, which is why i lose my mind when i think of people in Washington -- who themselves will never, and have never, face(d) actual physical danger -- misusing the troops in contentious wars of choice.
Thank You. There are some in Washington who have served though, like McCain and Kerry, and others who have put their lives on the line and deserve our respect for doing so.

One more thing about gay marriage, Obama reversed his policy on this a couple of times as we know. Since he declared in 2012 he was open to gay marriage.....people need to hold him to it. Don't ask me how but it needs to happen. I realize that may states are opposed to it, and even my hairdresser and his partner get married in San Francisco and then come back to Oklahoma where their marriage isn't recognized here, what a shame.
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Hillary's Iraq vote is going to come back and haunt her, or at least she'll have to answer for it. i think she'll survive. i also think she'd be president today had she voted against the war in 2002, and we'd be excited about the upcoming campaign of VP Obama.

i did not vote for Hillary in 2008, and i actively supported Obama. the Iraq vote was a big part of that decision. we'll see who the candidates are in 2016, but i am fairly certain that the GOP is incapable of putting up someone who would ever get my vote -- and i'd consider myself capable of being persuaded by Christie.

i agree, Afghanistan is a much more complex issue than Iraq. i didn't see much else of an option in late 2001 than what was done, though i think the build up to the Iraq war detracted from the Afghanistan mission.
I think the party will be willing to whitewash the Hillary Iraq vote in 2016 - no pun intended. She will certainly survive and become the nominee unless there is some health issue we are not aware of.

The point about Christie is, well you know the bridge scandal, that's going to be the left's "Benghazi" and they wont let that one die. Even if Christie survives that he will have trouble with his own party because many of the far right fringe wont think he is conservative enough. They are whats killing the GOP, and why the Democrats will likely cruise to victory yet again.
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,061
Local Time: 02:25 AM
i think within 5 years it will be a mostly settled issue.

Obama being "against" SSM until 2012 was transparently political -- everyone knew it, he knew it, and it was painful watching him try to hold that position for political expediency.

in fact, i was flying to OKC when i saw the veterans.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Yep. Small world isn't it
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,346
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
I must tell you though I am in fact a disabled veteran. I would never ever think of my fellow soldiers as cannon fodder. However we did all take an oath to enlist knowing we could die for our country, as asinine as that may seem, we did volunteer knowing what could happen. Granted I am one of the lucky ones compared to what you have spoken of...but still if I had to do it all over again...I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.


I am a disabled vet as well. I've lost friends. And my blood boils whenever I see people use us to bash Bush and Obama.

We knew what we were doing, we knew what we signed up for.

And I have much respect for what George W. Bush does for us veterans. And so does just about everyone I've ever met in the military. He's always working with Wounded Warrior and is advocating against the stigma attached to PTSD. There hasn't been any other president that has done more for GWOT veterans than he has. Bush genuinely cares about veterans.
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post


I am a disabled vet as well. I've lost friends. And my blood boils whenever I see people use us to bash Bush and Obama.

We knew what we were doing, we knew what we signed up for.

And I have much respect for what George W. Bush does for us veterans. And so does just about everyone I've ever met in the military. He's always working with Wounded Warrior and is advocating against the stigma attached to PTSD. There hasn't been any other president that has done more for GWOT veterans than he has. Bush genuinely cares about veterans.
Good Post
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post




I am a disabled vet as well. I've lost friends. And my blood boils whenever I see people use us to bash Bush and Obama.



We knew what we were doing, we knew what we signed up for.



And I have much respect for what George W. Bush does for us veterans. And so does just about everyone I've ever met in the military. He's always working with Wounded Warrior and is advocating against the stigma attached to PTSD. There hasn't been any other president that has done more for GWOT veterans than he has. Bush genuinely cares about veterans.

I really appreciate you and Garrison sharing this perspective.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,158
Local Time: 01:25 AM
The paintings are mediocre.
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 AM   #31
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,886
Local Time: 11:25 PM
Not even up to Hitler standards.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:57 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 04:55 PM
I can't tell what he's going for. If the intention is close mimicry and tonal realism, he's obviously failed, but if he's utilising his reputation as a dolt to create intentionally naive, folksy paintings then they're probably ok for what they are I guess

Still a fucking dickhead.
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 05:55 PM
He would get laughed out of art school with his to be honest.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #34
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,346
Local Time: 03:25 AM
A lot of professional art critics here I guess
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,361
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Maybe he just likes to paint? Is that a possibility?
iron yuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #36
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,381
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Maybe he just likes to paint? Is that a possibility?
He should only be allowed to paint dead Iraqi children and maimed soldiers. He is the SPAWN OF SATAN after all.
__________________

lemonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×