Donald Trump for President of the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you think that the USA is a better or worse place to live in than it was 50 years ago?

It depends on what we're talking about.

My point was that we've had extremely well-educated people serve as presidents and cabinet secretaries for a long time, and the idea that they are inherently better leaders solely because of their lengthy formal education is wrong if not kind of dangerous.

It depends on what we're talking about.

My point was that we've had extremely well-educated people serve as presidents and cabinet secretaries for a long time, and the idea that they are inherently better leaders solely because of their lengthy formal education is wrong if not kind of dangerous.

while i agree on the surface that one's education isn't correlate with one's ability to lead -- and it really is about leadership, as opposed to intellectual ability, it's the ability to get others to do what you want them to do -- i do think that there's a knowledge of history and understanding of how government actually works that without which would make it impossible to lead. if you don't know that there is a North and a South Korea, let alone why there is a North and a South Korea, you're not going to have a terribly effective policy, are you? however, i agree. it's not about academics alone. it was the "best and the brightest" that got us into Vietnam.

however, you said:

We've had extremely well-educated people in charge for a while now, and things have only gotten worse.

what things are worse? i'm genuinely curious. i'm sure we can agree on the fact that there's a huge amount of debt. yes, that's certainly worse than our surplus days in the 1990s (under highly educated Clinton), but what other things are demonstrably worse now than they were in the 90s? 80s? 70s? and further?

i am genuinely curious.

You are indeed right that a lengthy formal education is not the only thing to judge leaders on.

That said, a belief like that can be easily twisted into a disturbing kind of anti-intellectual fervour. We saw what happened in the 2000s when we got two terms of a president who the voting public wanted to have a beer with.

The interesting thing watching Obama wrangle through his term is seeing an intellectual pragmatist try and get his head around how politics really work in Washington. To say the administration has had trouble making a clear case in front of the American people is a huge understatement.

Going after the very important Birther / 9/11 Inside Job dempographic.

Wake up, sheeple!

Anyone who believes 9/11 is an inside job is an idiot and should be put in his place.

The same goes for birthers.

The difference is, there are birthers in the government. I don't know if there are any elected officials who think 9/11 is an inside job.

The inside job conspiracy actually has a lot of support; I have met people that support the idea and are highly skilled professionals and well educated, following the idea isn't something necessarily categorized for idiotic people.

Shortly after 9/11 there was evidence that Mohammed Atta (the guy that crashed the plane into the north tower) was alive. Even further, he was seen with some of his friends at a bar in South Florida on the night of September 10, 2001 around 11pm.

Most of the people who believe this are liberals.
Actually there are quite a lot of 'libertarian'-leaning conservatives, such as Ron Paul's groupies via Alex Jones, who are 9/11 truthers. Not that they're anything resembling GOP-mainstream conservatives, but they could hardly be called liberals. Of course most liberals who are into that are hardly mainstream Democrats either.

Nice to see you around BTW...

the president can't take a shit without news of it being leaked, there's no way on earth that 9/11 being an inside job could be kept quiet.

i don't even need to go deeper into the technical shit than that.

That's the thing isn't it. Intent and motive is one thing, but these conspiracies, the really high-level, big scale ones like 911, require protagonists rather like characters in novels: when you close the book, they shut up.

Also, Donald Trump is a deeply unserious man who will be an even bigger failure as presidential candidate than he is as business titan.

<lucille bluth></>

Donald Trump, seriously?:lol: :down::crack:

I guess if you want to crown him the Corporate CEO King, of the Corporate States of America, he's your man. Or Bloomberg. At least Bloomberg has political experience.
DT never misses a good publicity stunt and this would be the stunt to end all of them wouldn't it? His ego is soooo big he would love the media attention just for the sake of it.
:|

I wholeheartedly disagree with DT's ideology, trickle down economics is a failure. Greed rules the day when it comes to CEO's using their power to hire or not. Just look at what is happening now. They are sitting on piles of MONEY we the tax payers gave them, but they won't hire because they are blackmailing Obama imo, since any type of regulation scares the crap out of them. God forbid we reign in the "profit at any cost" mantra. I am not saying profit is bad, I am saying there needs to be balance. The rich getting richer is not balance. Here's a fun fact for you. Did you know that there are 400 individuals in this country who own more in assets than 1/2 the population of the USA COMBINED?? Ya... that's right! 4 HUNDRED people. That's it!
We need a strong middle class to keep the engine running in the economy. But what do I know? I am not economist, but this seems like common sense to me.

I wholeheartedly disagree with DT's ideology, trickle down economics is a failure. Greed rules the day when it comes to CEO's using their power to hire or not. Just look at what is happening now. They are sitting on piles of MONEY we the tax payers gave them, but they won't hire because they are blackmailing Obama imo, since any type of regulation scares the crap out of them. God forbid we reign in the "profit at any cost" mantra. I am not saying profit is bad, I am saying there needs to be balance. The rich getting richer is not balance. Here's a fun fact for you. Did you know that there are 400 individuals in this country who own more in assets than 1/2 the population of the USA COMBINED?? Ya... that's right! 4 HUNDRED people. That's it!
We need a strong middle class to keep the engine running in the economy. But what do I know? I am not economist, but this seems like common sense to me.

:up:

I wouldn't be surprised if another out-of-touch, wealthy businessman full of self-interest became president of the US. It'll be just another 4 or 8 years of nothing substantial being done for the majority of the citizens of the USA.

Does he mean that whole tent on his property deal?

Rid the world of tyrants by screwing them in real estate deals!

(CNN) – Donald Trump, whose flirtations with a presidential bid continue, says he has special experience dealing with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi.

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Trump says he has more of a track record than anyone in the Republican presidential field when it comes to dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries: "I sell them real estate for tremendous amounts of money. I mean, I've dealt with everybody."

Trump, who has said he will decide on a presidential bid by June, said he is particularly happy with the fact he "screwed" Gadhafi on a past real estate deal.

"I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land," Trump boasted. "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him."

Back
Top Bottom