Discovery Channel: ‘JFK: INSIDE THE TARGET CAR’

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Premiers tomorow night.....

Just in time for the anniversary.

Tech Snuffs JFK Controversy
November 14, 2008
By Eric Bland, Discovery News

Nov. 13, 2008 -- A team of experts assembled by the Discovery Channel has recreated the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Using modern blood spatter analysis, new artificial human body surrogates, and 3-D computer simulations, the team determined that the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository was the most likely origin of the shot that killed the 35th president of the United States.

Discovery News : JFK

I am not sure it changes anything, other than proving the fatal shot did not come from the knoll. It does not disprove that a shooter could have been on the knoll and missed.

It really did not delve into the fact that the car, a pretty significant piece of evidence, was stripped down and cleaned up before any type of serious analysis could have been done on it.

Oswald has links to the mafia through family and potentially through David Ferrie.
He has links to the intelligence world and very clearly bumped himself into three CIA programs in the months prior to the assassination.
I believe he fired alone.

I am still not sure who he was working for.

Currently, I have a suspicion that he was wrapped in a counterintel program, run by a rogue CIA agent or two, who convinced him him that they were Cuban intel officers, and that they were going to make him a hero in Cuba after the assassination.

I think much of what happened, is tied to his trip to Mexico City weeks prior to the assassination.

My gut is that there were quite a few people intertwined between the Mafia and the CIA who were pretty pissed off about Castro and the Bay of Pigs.

Oswald has links to the mafia through family and potentially through David Ferrie.
He has links to the intelligence world and very clearly bumped himself into three CIA programs in the months prior to the assassination.
I believe he fired alone.

I am still not sure who he was working for.

Currently, I have a suspicion that he was wrapped in a counterintel program, run by a rogue CIA agent or two, who convinced him him that they were Cuban intel officers, and that they were going to make him a hero in Cuba after the assassination.

I think much of what happened, is tied to his trip to Mexico City weeks prior to the assassination.

My gut is that there were quite a few people intertwined between the Mafia and the CIA who were pretty pissed off about Castro and the Bay of Pigs.

very plausible.

<>

I am troubled by something from the show...There could have been a shooter in the Dal Tex building next to the depository. The show takes into account, two front shots, the knoll shot, and the 6th floor depository. In retrospect, the Dal TEx building, another place in which there may have been a shooter, and it would have fit the shot from behind model.

I took an American History class where we studied the Kennedy assassination extensively, and, frankly, there's no real way the official story is the real story. Oswald was a patsy for someone, with my bets being on the CIA and/or the Mafia as Dread conjectured above. We know (as Dread also pointed out) that the CIA thought Kennedy was too weak on foreign policy, especially when it came to dealing with the Soviets and that they were unhappy with his handling of the Bay of Pigs (and for reasons I have yet to understand) the Cuban Missile Crisis. Will we ever learn the real truth? I doubt it. On a side note, one of the most interesting things I remember from a Kennedy documentary we watched in the class I mentioned above, was how the bullet that supposedly hit Kennedy, found on the stretcher at the hospital, showed almost no signs of damage. They had a shooter(who, if I recall, was involved in some kind of forensics) take 3 bullets identical to that one out to a field and he subsequently shot one through a ball of cotton; it came out with no discernible damage. The next one he shot through a large piece of wood. You could see the damage, although it was nothing too major. The last bullet he shot through a human skull at the exact spot where the bullet was said to have entered Kennedy. This bullet was utterly destroyed and looked nothing like the bullet shown to the public that was said to have been the one to have killed President Kennedy.

The "pristine" bullet is not the bullet that hit Kennedy in the head. The bullet to which you refer, allegedly hit Kennedy in the back, exited the base of his neck, entered Governor Connaly, through his chest, into his wrist, and ending up in his thigh. The theory is that it did not get far into his thigh and fell out on the stretcher.

THe bullet is indeed deformed, and is not in perfect condition. There was an experiment using body gel and pig bone to see if the "magic bullet" was plausible. The shot was duplicated, and the bullet looked pretty similar to the "magic bullet".

The head wound bullet has never been recovered. The forensic evidence demonstrates clearly that the bullet that hit the head came from the backl. Last night clearly showed that a shot from the side would have gone through the presidents head and killed Jackie.

Tech Snuffs JFK Controversy
November 14, 2008
By Eric Bland, Discovery News

Nov. 13, 2008 -- A team of experts assembled by the Discovery Channel has recreated the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Using modern blood spatter analysis, new artificial human body surrogates, and 3-D computer simulations, the team determined that the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository was the most likely origin of the shot that killed the 35th president of the United States.

Discovery News : JFK

I saw a preview of the show the other night. It proves that the shots came from the Book Depository. Oswald was the lone killer.

I have never understood why this seems to be a continuing controversy.

To sell books I guess :(

The show does not prove that the shots definitively came from the depository. It proved that the shots came from behind. It elimiated the fatal shot coming from the knoll, but does not disprove that someone was at the knoll and missed.

There have been other theories about the DALTEX building next to the depository. THe show did not analyze this potential place for a sniper.

Back
Top Bottom