Did you watch O'Rieley last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill O'Reilly is THE most intelligent, honest, fair, articulate, blunt, fantastic, impressive journalist on TV.......and it's a shame that there aren't more journalists like him.

Both he and George W. Bush are my heros!!!

O'REILLY ROCKS!!!

AchtungBono said:
Bill O'Reilly is THE most intelligent, honest, fair, articulate, blunt, fantastic, impressive journalist on TV.......and it's a shame that there aren't more journalists like him.

O'REILLY ROCKS!!!

And thus it dawned on FYM that AchtungBono was taking the piss all along.

AchtungBono said:
Bill O'Reilly is THE most intelligent, honest, fair, articulate, blunt, fantastic, impressive journalist on TV

Did you even watch the debate? He was an idiot!!! Everything you said about him couldn't be further from the truth.:|

:ohmy:

i never, ever thought i'd take Geraldo's side in anything, but he's 100% right. it has to do with drunk driving, not being an illegal immigrant.

let's say some child falls into a river, starts to drown, and an illegal immigrant from, say, Ireland, dives in and saves that child. would O'Reilly scream that he never should have been in the country to begin with and the child should have drowned?

O'Reilly is cracking up. maybe he's overworked, but much of it has to do with the near total meltdown of conservatism due to the disaster of the Bush presidency. he's in the difficult position of defending the indefensible, and excusing the grossly incompetent.

kind of sad, really.

It's so strange. I can remember a time when even though I disagreed with O'Reiley he still seemed somewhat intelligent. Now he's just a raving lunatic. Personally I think his giant ego has swallowed his brain.

Bono's shades said:
It's so strange. I can remember a time when even though I disagreed with O'Reiley he still seemed somewhat intelligent. Now he's just a raving lunatic. Personally I think his giant ego has swallowed his brain.

Could it be all the taunting from Kieth Oberman is getting to him?

I don't know, I can kind of see Bill's point. If you are in a country illegally, and you are stupid enough to get busted for doing something else illegal, well sorry, you're here illegally and we've caught you, you gotta go back.

But I also agree using this story to further his agenda is pretty slimey.

AchtungBono said:

O'REILLY ROCKS!!!

What on God's green Earth are you smoking that would make you look at that sorry excuse for a "debate" and conclude that O'Reilly was anywhere near the truth of the matter?

That was absolutely pathetic. Truly a disgrace to the entire news industry. Geraldo was actually spot on the entire time. Mob mentality will never get you a reasoned response.

financeguy said:

And thus it dawned on FYM that AchtungBono was taking the piss all along.

Yeah, I'm a little slow sometimes. It was a pretty long ride.

AchtungBono, I'll grant you this: you're a pretty damn dedicated troll.

Axver said:
AchtungBono, I'll grant you this: you're a pretty damn dedicated troll.

I'm dedicated to truth and justice......if that makes me a troll then so be it.

Bill O'reilly and Fox news are the ONLY people I trust when it comes to reporting the news.

Irvine511 said:
:ohmy:

i never, ever thought i'd take Geraldo's side in anything,

:lol: I was thinking the same thing!

But didn't you get the sense, especially near the end, that this might have been a cynical set-up to garner ratings? I've often said before that O'Reilly, Coulter, and their ilk may not actually believe the nonsense they spew, but they know how to milk people's prejudices and fears and make a mint off it.

Geraldo is right-he is using it to make a cheap political point and he doesn't get it. His ancestors were in all likelihood immigrants, but I suppose they were 100 percent legal and wanted in this country because they spoke English-albeit with an Irish brogue. If they spoke English and not Gaelic. I guess he conveniently forgets the days of "no Irish need apply".

And Bill O'Reilly is in serious need of anger management class- and/or a loofah.

What an absolute disgrace that is. Geraldo has never looked more like the good guy then he did right there.

Chizip said:
I don't know, I can kind of see Bill's point. If you are in a country illegally, and you are stupid enough to get busted for doing something else illegal, well sorry, you're here illegally and we've caught you, you gotta go back.

But I also agree using this story to further his agenda is pretty slimey.

but what if an illegal rush into a burning house and rescued a family? would you say that he shouldn't have been here because he was illegal?

maycocksean said:
But didn't you get the sense, especially near the end, that this might have been a cynical set-up to garner ratings? I've often said before that O'Reilly, Coulter, and their ilk may not actually believe the nonsense they spew, but they know how to milk people's prejudices and fears and make a mint off it.

I have a hard time believing that the little "we're different on this one issue which makes the entire network completely truthful" was just pulled out of nowhere after that kind of heated debate. I tend to agree with what you are saying.

AchtungBono said:

Bill O'reilly and Fox news are the ONLY people I trust when it comes to reporting the news.

Are you honestly telling me that you watched this "debate" and side with O'Reilly on this?

You've got an interesting definition of truth and justice if that's the case.

AchtungBono said:

I'm curious as to why you never answer the specific questions asked of you? Did you watch the debate? And did you honestly think he made a point?

Forget it. It's always the same. A statement no one can comprehend, and then out of the thread before thinking could kick in.

Irvine511 said:

but what if an illegal rush into a burning house and rescued a family? would you say that he shouldn't have been here because he was illegal?

well the term illegal kind of implies that, yes

im not saying we should use our resources to hunt down illegal immigrants to send them back, but if they fall into your lap by doing something else illegal, then yeah tough luck.

it's like if a guy is wanted for grand theft auto, but gets caught for something like public intoxication, the police aren't going to ignore the grand theft auto charge are they?

Chizip said:

well the term illegal kind of implies that, yes

im not saying we should use our resources to hunt down illegal immigrants to send them back, but if they fall into your lap by doing something else illegal, then yeah tough luck.

it's like if a guy is wanted for grand theft auto, but gets caught for something like public intoxication, the police aren't going to ignore the grand theft auto charge are they?

:up:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm curious as to why you never answer the specific questions asked of you?

And there in lies the detail that makes a troll: lack of answering specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom