Department of Education

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
This thread is to discuss and document the changes(victories and failures) that will be taking place in education over the next few years

Out of the many head scratching and heart breaking picks that pad the most corrupt cabinet in modern US history, this is one of the hardest to swallow.

But here's my question; can someone who has thought about this beyond theory, explain to me how the "choice" option helps the historically disadvantaged?

I don't think it does. I'm talking about feeling of course, and not fact, but I'm terrified by what has happened here and it really is unsettling to think of all of the children who are going to become woefully behind if the system stops caring about them beyond the little they already do.

I wish my brother were on the site. He has some contrary thoughts about this. I haven't delved into it with him, as I don't have enough information on the subject.

He is an attorney who definitely leans libertarian, and opposes Trump. The gist I get from him is that some of the govt regulations on education make it harder for teachers, who would do better without it. Says he does have teacher friends who agree.

Just sharing for no good reason.

I wish my brother were on the site. He has some contrary thoughts about this. I haven't delved into it with him, as I don't have enough information on the subject.

He is an attorney who definitely leans libertarian, and opposes Trump. The gist I get from him is that some of the govt regulations on education make it harder for teachers, who would do better without it. Says he does have teacher friends who agree.

I'm with your brother on that.

What I'm against is vouchers and pushing for privatization of the school system.

Yeah, and I do get that. And I don't have any issue with anyone who wants to overhaul the DOE, but I haven't seen anyone give a decent argument for the voucher system in actually helping the disadvantaged.

And those that want to destroy the DOE all together are usually hellbent on wanting to push some 'slavery wasn't bad' 'nazis were liberals' agenda through, as we've actually seen in here.

Back
Top Bottom