Court testimony links Blackwater founder Erik Prince to murders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
A former Blackwater employee and an ex-US Marine who has worked as a security operative for the company have made a series of explosive allegations in sworn statements filed on August 3 in federal court in Virginia. The two men claim that the company's owner, Erik Prince, may have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. The former employee also alleges that Prince "views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe," and that Prince's companies "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life."

The identities of the two individuals were sealed out of concerns for their safety.

These allegations, and a series of other charges, are contained in sworn affidavits, given under penalty of perjury, filed late at night on August 3 in the Eastern District of Virginia as part of a seventy-page motion by lawyers for Iraqi civilians suing Blackwater for alleged war crimes and other misconduct. Susan Burke, a private attorney working in conjunction with the Center for Constitutional Rights, is suing Blackwater in five separate civil cases filed in the Washington, DC, area. They were recently consolidated before Judge T.S. Ellis III of the Eastern District of Virginia for pretrial motions. Burke filed the August 3 motion in response to Blackwater's motion to dismiss the case. Blackwater asserts that Prince and the company are innocent of any wrongdoing and that they were professionally performing their duties on behalf of their employer, the US State Department.

Briefed on the substance of these allegations by The Nation, Congressman Dennis Kucinich replied, "If these allegations are true, Blackwater has been a criminal enterprise defrauding taxpayers and murdering innocent civilians." Kucinich is on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and has been investigating Prince and Blackwater since 2004.

"Blackwater is a law unto itself, both internationally and domestically. The question is why they operated with impunity. In addition to Blackwater, we should be questioning their patrons in the previous administration who funded and employed this organization. Blackwater wouldn't exist without federal patronage; these allegations should be thoroughly investigated," Kucinich said.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090817/scahill

Another link in the web of criminality and corruption.

Blackwater has always scared me, definately another mark on America's history...

But this is really scary:
"views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe," and that Prince's companies "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life."

Be careful about what you say about those fuckers...I mean great people. They are terrifying.

Be careful about what you say about those fuckers...I mean great people. They are terrifying.

Thanks for your input, torn vinyl. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "be careful what you say about those fuckers?"

The Nation cannot independently verify the identities of the two individuals, their roles at Blackwater or what motivated them to provide sworn testimony in these civil cases.

Blackwater could have very well broken the law, probably did.

But it would have been nice if The Nation could have 'independently verified' the identities of the whistle blowers, their roles at the company, and their motivations :shrug:

Kidding. I was suggesting that they might come for people who criticize them

The vibe I'm getting off you, actually, is that you've something more to say. That's what I'm hearing at this point. Either that or your cojones are incredibly minisicule.

Blackwater employees some batshit crazy people (like, the people that actually "work" in the Middle East). My uncle worked for them in New Orleans after Katrina. He is related to them, through his wife.

I considered going to work for them when all this kicked off. Good and bad everywhere, but there are a lot worse outfits than Blackwater operating overseas.

I think that some method should be formed for commodifying the eating of the children of Iraq. For example, a young healthy Iraqi or other Middle Eastern child, well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, boiled, or microwaved.

Iraqi families, would of course, be fairly compensated. Perhaps some method could be found of not compensating them immediately but issuing some form of bond by the US government, at low interest rates. The relevant PR officials can be instructed to spin the policy in such a way to present the case that they are being eaten to save them from the dread vice of Islam. This neatly solves the problem both of the American national debt and poverty in Iraq.

(Of course, this is, pace Swift, not a serious proposal, but not significantly worse than what has actually been done by agents claiming to act on behalf of the US taxpayer in Iraq.)

The vibe I'm getting off you, actually, is that you've something more to say. That's what I'm hearing at this point. Either that or your cojones are incredibly minisicule.

Why are you commenting on my cojones? What's with the aggression? Blackwater is a terrifying organization, that's all I mean. A private army for the fascist element. And they are probably monitoring the internet and will come to make critics become the disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom