Chris Lane's Murder - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Did the mass Irish immigration at the beginning of the last century lead to Irish people killing each other? They were looked upon as a step above the black man. The nigger of Europe. They weren't slaves but were treated almost as such.

You say blacks commit more violent crimes per capita than any other race. You say they are in a worse economic position than everyone else. Yet there are more white poor people in this country. They aren't close to committing the same violent crimes as blacks.

I say that you are 100% wrong. Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
First off, the Irish mass immigration started in the mid-19th century. They were also seen on the same level as blacks, not one step above. They were discriminated against and if you actually researched Irish neighborhoods like Manhattan's Five Points, you'd see it was as bad as Chicago is now. Make sure you have your facts straight before you make any statements like this.

Finally, based on your bigoted statements, I don't understand how any black girl will date you. I'm actually wondering if you actually did date a black girl.
__________________

Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #162
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

I say that you are 100% wrong. Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
Sadly for you statistics have absolutely no factual value. Since they're just statistics, and not facts. There's no proof behind it. So this statement is 100% wrong.


How can you not see how racist your quotes here sound?
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
Saying that blacks in America commit more crimes than other races is different than saying blacks in America are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races.

Did you mean to state it that way? That there is some extra violent gene in the African American male and some extra welfare gene in the African American female? If so, please provide some links to the research that back up this assertion. If this was a wording mistake - I beg you to please be more careful. If this was your actual opinion - and it is not based on scientific research (which we know it's not since that research would have caused a larger firestorm than the "Bell Curve") - then please take a long, hard look into your soul and ask yourself whether or not this is the sort of man you really want to be.

The statistics that others have pointed out (myself included) are meant to find the socio-political, economic, or cultural root cause of the problem of African American crime rates. Genetics are not a factor.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,288
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post


I say that you are 100% wrong. Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
Never mind
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #165
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,622
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
Racism is not tolerated here. Saying that one race is predisposed to commit more crime than others is a baldly racist statement. It would be one thing if you appeared open and willing to accept criticism and engage in nuanced dialogue, but you're not.

If you want to stick around here, you need to drop the racism. Especially considering you've been suspended before. Consider this your last warning.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Strong Badia
Posts: 3,440
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

Blacks are predisposed to commit more crimes than other races. Just look at the stats.
If you're trying to make a case that a history of economic, racial, and social injustices has left a particular race of people disenfranchised to the point where crime is the most viable option, that's one thing.

But somehow I'm afraid that that's not the point you were making.
nathan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #167
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
LJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5,171
Local Time: 08:13 PM
If you work by 'stats', whites must be predisposed to committing genocide and slavery, I mean just look at Germany! Russia! Britain!

At a rough guess i'd say whites on balance have probably committed more acts of violence against any other group of people in the history of the world.

And on the Irish side of things, we too were once looked down on as little more than violent thugs predisposed to all sorts of nefariousness. One British lord I think it was remarked how sorry he felt for us 'as we were so close to being human'. Your opinions seem to fall somewhere even further wide of mark than his.
LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #168
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Ya. Lumberjack was a joke. As for wife, never had one.
How convenient, erase all accountability and you can post whatever bs you'd like. Hands down one of the most transparent trolls we've had in awhile.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #169
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post

Racism is not tolerated here. Saying that one race is predisposed to commit more crime than others is a baldly racist statement. It would be one thing if you appeared open and willing to accept criticism and engage in nuanced dialogue, but you're not.

If you want to stick around here, you need to drop the racism. Especially considering you've been suspended before. Consider this your last warning.
Ok Diemen. Look at the FBI stats here. F you for accusing me as a racist! Blacks are only about 15% of the US population but commit more than 50% of the murders! Hence they are predisposed to commit more crime! It's not racism. It's facts. I expect an apology. Quit living in you're dream world and look at the facts. I suppose you'll ban me permantly for stating the facts but it's the truth. Blacks are the most violent criminals in the US. It's not racism, it's the truth. Sorry it hurts.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-3
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #170
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post

If you're trying to make a case that a history of economic, racial, and social injustices has left a particular race of people disenfranchised to the point where crime is the most viable option, that's one thing.

But somehow I'm afraid that that's not the point you were making.
Nope. Just stating the facts. In 2013, blacks commit more crimes then sny other race in America. Not worried about you're perceived injustices. Just stating the facts. Can't argue against the facts.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #171
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
If you work by 'stats', whites must be predisposed to committing genocide and slavery, I mean just look at Germany! Russia! Britain!

At a rough guess i'd say whites on balance have probably committed more acts of violence against any other group of people in the history of the world.

And on the Irish side of things, we too were once looked down on as little more than violent thugs predisposed to all sorts of nefariousness. One British lord I think it was remarked how sorry he felt for us 'as we were so close to being human'. Your opinions seem to fall somewhere even further wide of mark than his.
Ummm. Not looking at history of the world. Only crime in America.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #172
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

How convenient, erase all accountability and you can post whatever bs you'd like. Hands down one of the most transparent trolls we've had in awhile.
Ok. Briing it on. Weren't you the one who said that a person could easily shoot a burglar as he fled and then drag him back into you're house??? It was one of the funniest things i ever heard of. I seriously laughed my ass off but then reslized you were serious. Funny as hell. A burglar breaks in and leaves, you shoot him in bsckyard. Then drag him back in house to make it seem legit. Lol. Wow. Keep dreaming.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,288
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

Ummm. Not looking at history of the world. Only crime in America.
You should perhaps do a little research on the early Irish in America, how they were perceived and treated, their "predisposition" to crime and poverty and what not.

Quote:
Many Americans believed that since the Irish were Celts and not Anglo-Saxons, they were racially inferior and deserved second-hand citizenship. The Irish being of inferior intelligence was a belief held by many Americans. This notion was held due to the fact that the Irish topped the charts demographically in terms of arrests and imprisonment. They also had more people confined to insane asylums and poorhouses than any other group. The racial supremacy belief that many Americans had at the time contributed significantly to Irish discrimination
Sound familiar?

You continue to tip toe on the thinnest of lines with all of your arguments... and I'm being nice there, as most rational people would say you fell off that line long, long ago.

But I'll play your game for a moment...

Do you believe this "predisposition" to crime is a matter of nature or nurture? Is it genetic? Or is there a sociological issue at play here?

Your answer will likely either be the final mail in your proverbial coffin, or the first rest of light towards a logical discussion. Choose wisely.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Tim, if you're saying that blacks are "predisposed" to commit more murders from birth because of the socioeconomic conditions into which they are commonly born, that's one thing, but it's a questionable definition of "predisposed".

If you think that black people have a "violent gene" or whatever, then you are wrong. And "blacks commit more murders per capita, thus blacks are inherently more violent" is not a sound argument.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #175
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 06:43 AM
It's the exact sort of argument a white supremacist would make.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #176
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,622
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

F you for accusing me as a racist!
Nice knowing you.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,066
Local Time: 03:13 PM
i wonder how the black girlfriend feels about all this?
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #178
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
Ok Diemen. Look at the FBI stats here. F you for accusing me as a racist! Blacks are only about 15% of the US population but commit more than 50% of the murders! Hence they are predisposed to commit more crime! It's not racism. It's facts. I expect an apology. Quit living in you're dream world and look at the facts. I suppose you'll ban me permantly for stating the facts but it's the truth. Blacks are the most violent criminals in the US. It's not racism, it's the truth. Sorry it hurts.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3
Hey Tim, why don't you show us some stats on middle class black violence? Or upper class black violence? Or maybe pick up a statistics book and learn how to interpret data
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i wonder how the black girlfriend feels about all this?
If she ever was a girlfriend. Him saying that was like saying, "I'm not racist, I have black friends!"
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #180
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
If she ever was a girlfriend. Him saying that was like saying, "I'm not racist, I have black friends!"
Is it like that though? (honest question and we can discuss it independent of the Tim situation). I know people like to point out that having black friends doesn't exempt you from being a racist, or that having gay friends doesn't automatically make you non homophobic, but would having a black girlfriend or black wife not be a little different?
__________________

Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×