Chauvin Trial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Experts think a quicker verdict (today or early tomorrow) favors conviction, if it drags on, that favors acquittal or a hung jury.

that's exactly what the experts said about the OJ trial, and that deliberation only took four hours.

i'm a little concerned that this case is not quite the slam dunk that a lot of people are saying; i don't think the prosecution did a very good job addressing the carbon monoxide angle and i'm concerned that there may be enough of a sliver of "reasonable doubt" there, along with the bullshit bias that cops always receive in court, that the jury might be hung or even acquit him.

in any case, i wish biden and waters and any other elected officials would shut the fuck up about what the "right" verdict is before it's even been decided.

edit: apparently they have now reached a verdict.

Last edited:
Black lives actually mattered. Buh bye you murdering scum. No reaction whatsoever, it's like he's soulless. You have to be soulless to do what he did.

A federal grand jury has indicted four former Minneapolis police officers in the death of George Floyd, alleging the officers violated Floyd's constitutional rights.

Ex-officers Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane are charged with aiding and abetting and are set to stand trial in August.

Derek Chauvin also charged with civil rights violations in 2017 incident

From CNN's Aaron Cooper

Derek Chauvin, who was indicted by a federal grand jury for civil rights violations in connection with the death of George Floyd, also now faces federal charges for a 2017 incident.
The indictment, unsealed Friday, says the former Minneapolis police officer is accused of using unreasonable force against a 14-year-old on Sept. 4, 2017.

“Specifically, Defendant Chauvin, without legal justification, held Juvenile by the throat and struck Juvenile 1 multiple times in the head with a flashlight. This offense included the use of a dangerous weapon-a flashlight-and resulted in bodily injury to Juvenile 1,” the indictment says.

Chauvin allegedly also put his knee on the teenager's neck and upper back even after the teen was lying prone, handcuffed, and not resisting.

The former officer remains in jail after being convicted in state court for his role in Floyd’s death

The indictment, unsealed Friday, says the former Minneapolis police officer is accused of using unreasonable force against a 14-year-old on Sept. 4, 2017.

“Specifically, Defendant Chauvin, without legal justification, held Juvenile by the throat and struck Juvenile 1 multiple times in the head with a flashlight. This offense included the use of a dangerous weapon-a flashlight-and resulted in bodily injury to Juvenile 1,” the indictment says.

Chauvin allegedly also put his knee on the teenager's neck and upper back even after the teen was lying prone, handcuffed, and not resisting.

If this incident (along with several others) had been properly disciplined at the time, George Floyd would be alive. Police unions protecting bad officers is a serious problem that needs fixing.

He should have gotten more than 22 years. That "statement" he made to the Floyd family about more information he says will be coming out was vile. He's despicable.

He'll never see the outside world again.
He's 45, the 22 years will be compounded by the federal sentence once he gets convicted of that, plus let's face it, he'll eventually get shanked.

He's 45, the 22 years will be compounded by the federal sentence once he gets convicted of that, plus let's face it, he'll eventually get shanked.

Cops who go to prison don’t tend to live very long.

I hope he will never get out. But I've also heard 10+ years in jail plus 10 or years with like an ankle braclet or something, outside of jail ! :angry:
But I had forgotten about Ferderal charge hopefully! :up:

That young woman was SO brave videotaping his
murdeous, depraved actions.

AP

Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The attack happened at the Federal Correctional Institution, Tucson, a medium-security prison that has been plagued by security lapses and staffing shortages. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details of the attack and spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity.

The Bureau of Prisons confirmed that an incarcerated person was assaulted at FCI Tucson at around 12:30 p.m. local time Friday. In a statement, the agency said responding employees contained the incident and performed "life-saving measures" before the inmate, who it did not name, was taken to a hospital for further treatment and evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom