Canadian Election aka Let Borefest '08 begin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harper's eyes and demeanor are particularly skeevy vibe giving this evening. Someone slap that smug look off his face please. Does he have an expression other than that smile?

Dion is breaking my heart here.

Interesting how Dion is the only leader making eye contact with the camera. I'd trust my dog with him, and maybe even the country.

Interesting how Dion is the only leader making eye contact with the camera. I'd trust my dog with him, and maybe even the country.

lol, Elizabeth must have heard you - that looked sooo awkward as she was trying to divide her time between Harper and the camera!

talentuous :cute:

Harper's eyes and demeanor are particularly skeevy vibe giving this evening. Someone slap that smug look off his face please. Does he have an expression other than that smile?

You nailed it. :up: Smug overload...ever notice how he starts discussions by saying "Look"? I hate that. Controlling.

Dion sounds rather Swedish tonight. :wink:

Okay, I just flipped over quickly and Layton said "where's your platform? under your sweater?"

Harper looked stunned and was speechless for once! I LOVE it!

Hmmm, this is more exciting than I thought!

And Dion can speak English well enough - he just has a really thick accent which makes it difficult to understand him.

If the world is in flames in 20 years, it'll be damn hard to have a "stable" economy. Jesus, Harper. :down:

Dion knows the game Harper's playing...well done, showed calm and collected when facing an accusation. Big contrast to Layton who's collar must be irritating him, he's getting so hot under it!

Dion's sincere, but his points are suffering with the turbulence in his English...but interesting how May is actually propping him up a bit with jumping in right after he speaks.

Dion's sincere, but his points are suffering with the turbulence in his English...but interesting how May is actually propping him up a bit with jumping in right after he speaks.

Yes, he is doing really well on content, it's the language that's hurting him. and me lol.

I think he is still doing well overall, holding his own much better than I'd thought he would, and yes, May is a big help there.

Big contrast to Layton who's collar must be irritating him, he's getting so hot under it!

I can so picture him in a saloon, after riding in on his horse. :wink:

I wonder if his mustache works against him? When was the last time we had a prime minister with facial hair?...certainly many years ago.

Harper's getting grilled on his stance on Afghanistan, and former stance on Iraq...before that, it was definitely drifting a bit.

I do not understand why the Bloc is at the table. No one outside of Quebec can vote for them, so why should they be part of the debates?

I am totally undecided this time. This is the first election I haven't had my mind made up by this point already.

I do not understand why the Bloc is at the table. No one outside of Quebec can vote for them, so why should they be part of the debates?

It's all about population, and the number of seats up for grabs in Quebec. We definitely need proportional representation, because of this very example...the current model is why a small province like Newfoundland has very little representation, unfortunately. :(

I think it'll change one day...people are pushing for a fairer model.

Back
Top Bottom