Camera Crew and Civilians mistaken for insurgents - Wikileaks Guncamera video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sure, why not

i'd like your last word on how, two days ago, the person who leaked the video said that people in the group did have an AK47 and an RPG.

You're shit at quoting people. He said it was possible, but unclear (much like the pilots should've said) and that the word 'RPG' wasnt even mentioned until after they were cleared to engage. And what about the van that you seem to conveniently forget every single time you post?

and how the video was edited and presented for "maximum political gain."

No shit. Heres part of their mission statement thats written on their site for all to see.

"We aim for maximum political impact. We believe that transparency in
government activities leads to reduced corruption, better government, and
stronger democracies. All governments can benefit from increased scrutiny by the
world community, as well as their own people. We believe this scrutiny requires
information. Historically that information has been costly—in terms of human life
and human rights. But with technological advances—the Internet, and
cryptography—the risks of conveying important information can be lowered."

I know when you heard "maximum political impact" you started frothing at the mouth and rubbing your sweaty hands together, but instead of thinking about what that actually means, saw it as a negative buzzword you'd be able to use in this thread. Of course they want to maximize their political impact. Its what they exist to do! They're trying to change the way your government is conducting itself by revealing it to everyone. Why else do you think someone would even risk leaking this sort of thing to them? Its not that difficult to wrap your head around. I'll agree that its shitty to cut out the 20 minutes or so, but that doesnt undo what had already been done. And even if it was included, I doubt they'd get any 'well, they killed 15 innocent people, but at least they didnt kill more' sympathy

And your bullshit statement about "but I guess that doesnt fit, so lets ignore it"; Do you really think I care enough about the situation that I cant look at things objectionably? Unlike yourself who seems to want to fight tooth and nail to defend your military's actions regardless of what appears to have happened, I couldnt give a shit. Its an interesting video that I posted because I thought it would inspire some sort of interesting discussion. Thats it. I dont care. I've got no agenda to defend. I can still look at whats presented and come to a reasonable, unbiased opinion.

I think you guys had best let this drop--you're pretty much attacking each other's character rather than an issue at this point, and there's really nothing to be gained by going there.

ok first off i haven't attacked anyone's "character". i asked for an answer, that's all.

as for him getting aggrivated that i disagree with him and cursing, i could care less, and don't really think it to be an attack on my character. i think he's just angry.

hahaha, for real, I read Yolland's post earlier and I was just about to post here that I was just cranky. So ya, we finally agree on something. I cant help the potty mouth though

My thinking was that when you toss in off-the-cuffs to the effect of "Of course this hardly matters since you'll just ignore anything that doesn't fit what you want to see, but..." or "Now, I know you're incapable of considering a right-/left- wing viewpoint without your brain exploding, but..." then quite a lot of posters will take that as a personalized insult and react accordingly. Not everyone will, and sounds like you guys are able to back off and keep things in perspective, which is cool, so I'll say no more, but just in my experience those kinds of comments in a post tend not to bode well for what follows.

Back
Top Bottom