Bush Sr. in ICU With High Fever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This may not lead to anything, but given he's in his 90s, you never know.

Former President George H.W. Bush is in the intensive care unit of a Houston hospital and is in "guarded condition," family spokesman Jim McGrath said Wednesday.

"The President is alert and conversing with medical staff, and is surrounded by family," McGrath said in a statement.

Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit on Sunday, McGrath said.

George H.W. Bush Condition Worsens, Former President In Intensive Care Unit

I know not many in FYM are a fan of Bush the First (as I call him), but it will be sad if he goes. Especially so soon before New Year's, which is not a good way to usher in 2013. Also, he's a WWII veteran, so you can respect that.

I guess it would be fruitless to ask everyone to be respectful, but it shouldn't hurt to ask.

Yeah, it's always sad when people are sick. I certainly tend to not wish ill will on people in general-you'd have to be, like, Hitler-esque or some deranged, despicable serial killer type or something like that for me to even begin to consider such a thought.

Sorry to hear he's not doing well. I hope he can make a turnaround for the better, but if not, I hope at least that he can go peacefully should the time come.

Mmm, not sure Bush Snr is quite in W or Reagan, or Nixon, territory. Do even Republicans have any strong opinion about him at this point? That said, certainly don't wish ill on the guy.

Yeah, I wish him and his family well. But I'm with Kieran, I'm not sure Sr. really evokes that strong of feelings in anyone, if anything he's kind of a break even president. He came in as one of the most experienced, he'll probably be viewed as successful in foreign affairs and lackluster in domestic. He had big coattails but didn't seem to ever really connect with the American people.

But he did spawn satan, so I guess that goes against him :wink:

Yeah, I wish him and his family well. But I'm with Kieran, I'm not sure Sr. really evokes that strong of feelings in anyone, if anything he's kind of a break even president. He came in as one of the most experienced, he'll probably be viewed as successful in foreign affairs and lackluster in domestic. He had big coattails but didn't seem to ever really connect with the American people.

But he did spawn satan, so I guess that goes against him :wink:

I didn't know he was Wayne LaPierre's father........:doh:

This may not lead to anything, but given he's in his 90s, you never know.

George H.W. Bush Condition Worsens, Former President In Intensive Care Unit

I know not many in FYM are a fan of Bush the First (as I call him), but it will be sad if he goes. Especially so soon before New Year's, which is not a good way to usher in 2013. Also, he's a WWII veteran, so you can respect that.

I guess it would be fruitless to ask everyone to be respectful, but it shouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm totally respectful of Bush Snr. and wish him a full and speedy recovery.
But should the good lord see fit to call him home then at least he can be happy in the knowlege that his son was one of the best presidents ever.

I didn't know he was Wayne LaPierre's father........:doh:

He never was. :eyebrow:

I'm totally respectful of Bush Snr. and wish him a full and speedy recovery.
But should the good lord see fit to call him home then at least he can be happy in the knowlege that his son was one of the best presidents ever.

I'm sorry, but the majority here in the U.S. beg to differ with you. In fact, most would like to forget he ever was President, even some die-hard conservatives.

I still don't think of him as being that old because he used to jump out of planes until fairly recently.

This place in Maine I like to go to in the spring and summer, Bush Sr. and Barbara always go to this restaurant there by their boat. When I was there a couple of years ago everyone was buzzing about it, they had just left the restaurant before I got there. I wish him the best.

I still don't think of him as being that old because he used to jump out of planes until fairly recently.

I had to admire him for doing that. That's something I'm deeply terrified at the mere thought of doing, so when I see anyone brave enough to give activities like that a go, I salute them (while quietly thinking they're insane at the same time :p).

It's always so inspiring to me when I hear stories about people in their 80s, 90s, 100s who are still going strong-I read a story in our local paper today about a man who just turned 102 years old and he likes to take up dancing each week. It was a sweet story. Should I be fortunate enough to live that long, I hope I still have that kind of energy at that age.

Back
Top Bottom