Brexit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betting markets...

You know why there's no exit polls? Because they have zero historical data to base exit polls off of. This is the first time the UK or anyone else has attempted to leave the EU via referendum.

Betting markets don't know anything that we don't know.

Hedge funds hired private polling companies for their currency bets, so they may already know the outcome.

Betting markets give 75% probability of exit at this stage. Polling experts higher than that.

This is catastrophic.

Boris-thumbs-up.jpg

Cameron leaves.
Scotland secedes. Maybe Northern Ireland.
EU in complete chaos and disarray.
Massive economic collapse in the UK.

While it's certainly a indicator of xenophobia and nativism, it could also be considered a good thing. I mean, no one expects a land war in Europe any more. The fact that this isn't even a consideration might mean that the EU project actually worked. War in Europe is unimaginable. Something that, when my grandparents were alive was similarly unimaginable. That must mean some sort of human progress.

Still, dreading looking at my portfolio tomorrow.

There's still a decent amount of London, as well as Manchester and Birmingham. England's three largest cities. Plus stuff like Cardiff and Leicester and all that good stuff.

Don't fuck me, England.

While it's certainly a indicator of xenophobia and nativism, it could also be considered a good thing. I mean, no one expects a land war in Europe any more. The fact that this isn't even a consideration might mean that the EU project actually worked. War in Europe is unimaginable. Something that, when my grandparents were alive was similarly unimaginable. That must mean some sort of human progress.

Still, dreading looking at my portfolio tomorrow.

It's odd to see leave people celebrating a 10%+ drop in their net worth overnight.

Back
Top Bottom