Brexit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not a chance in hell a newly fully-independent scotland is going to ask a monarch who rules from london to be their head of state.

Even though there is a strong independent movement, there is no strong republican movement in Scotland or any other region of the UK. It's not even SNP policy to remove the queen as head of state post independence as Sturgeon and Alex Salmond before her reiterated.

Cheers all! I want to ask what you think how Brexit will affect real estate prices? I have some money and want to buy a house in the UK for commercial reasons but my friends claim it's not a good time to buy a house. So I made some research, they say it will be more difficult to take credit from banks and people won't be able to buy houses easily and because of this prices will drop. But on the other hand if euro would be more valuable comparing to pound does it mean it will be more easy for foreign investors to buy a house in the UK? For example you can check this article to see what I mean. Please help me out, I am not quite an economist!

Cheers all! I want to ask what you think how Brexit will affect real estate prices? I have some money and want to buy a house in the UK for commercial reasons but my friends claim it's not a good time to buy a house. So I made some research, they say it will be more difficult to take credit from banks and people won't be able to buy houses easily and because of this prices will drop. But on the other hand if euro would be more valuable comparing to pound does it mean it will be more easy for foreign investors to buy a house in the UK? For example you can check this article to see what I mean. Please help me out, I am not quite an economist!

Hahaha!!! This Is NOT the place to look for someone who knows anything about economics!!

Hahaha!!! This Is NOT the place to look for someone who knows anything about economics!!

I don't think Interference has a proper forum going to answer Jake's question.

It seems there's at least two in Fym with good international real estate advice, though :D

My guess is credit will tighten for a while in the UK, but probably not that much if the market reaction to the initial referendum is anything to go by. If the pound drops relative to the euro, then yes, British property will be more affordable for you. The "crowding out" effect there will be that a lot of people will be thinking the same way as you, leading to increased foreign competition for British property, and thus higher prices, so with so many different variables at play it is hard to make any concrete determinations.

qnu77579a2j91.png

:doh:

Well, they can't reach the coast anyway since the trucks lining up for the ferries are clogging the roads.

Incredible that almost 3 years ago the Brits had as clear cut good vs. bad choice as you can get in a Western democracy and they chose the party who have sent the country hurtling into developing country status.

this is a very history-nerd thing, but i have to say i'm surprised that the new king decided to be charles III instead of george VII or william V or something.

charles I was a terrible king, to the point where he rightfully got his head chopped off by his own parliament.

charles II was a king restored by military force after several decades of republican instability, who then left no legitimate heirs of his own (but at least a dozen bastards, and those are just the ones he acknowledged), and was from a scottish dynasty that was overthrown again less than 20 years after his restoration because pretty much all of england hated them.

i'm interested to see what kind of legacy charles III leaves.

this is a very history-nerd thing, but i have to say i'm surprised that the new king decided to be charles III instead of george VII or william V or something.

charles I was a terrible king, to the point where he rightfully got his head chopped off by his own parliament.

charles II was a king restored by military force after several decades of republican instability, who then left no legitimate heirs of his own (but at least a dozen bastards, and those are just the ones he acknowledged), and was from a scottish dynasty that was overthrown again less than 20 years after his restoration because pretty much all of england hated them.

i'm interested to see what kind of legacy charles III leaves.

He’s following in his mother’s modernizing footsteps and refusing to change his name. I think it was wise.

imagine thinking that wrecking your economy and soft power for at least a generation or more is worth keeping up this ceremonial medieval nonsense.

The Grim Reaper saw his shadow so 6 more years of this shit!

Back
Top Bottom