Bizarre kids names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A girl I went to school kid named her first kid Khao. Sounds like a character from Final Fantasy or something. And my best friend's sister's son is Jaxon. Why not just call the kid Jackson?

I can't say much, my first son will be called Cuchullain. Nah, it won't really, but I had considered it.

Cake request for 3-year-old Hitler namesake denied - Yahoo! News

EASTON, Pa. – The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

:scream:

I just saw this story on the internet and was going to find this thread to post it in. You beat me to it!

First of all.. who puts the full name of their kid on a birthday cake? Seriously!!

Second, who names their kid with an infamous name and then acts surprised that a controversy is created over it? If you intend on raising your kids differently, you don't label them with a name that is going to bring trouble. Poor little Adolf Hitler Campbell!! He's going to have to grow a huge ego and a lot of insensitivity to be comfortable with his name.. and that wouldn't be a good thing.

That is some majorly f'ed up stuff there, giving your kid that name. It figures Wal Mart was willing to do it.

EASTON, Pa.—A supermarket is defending itself for refusing to a write out 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell's name on his birthday cake. Deborah Campbell, 25, of nearby Hunterdon County, N.J., said she phoned in her order last week to the Greenwich ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the store denied similar requests from the Campbells the last two years, including a request for a swastika.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said Tuesday.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Anna Taylor told The Easton Express-Times that the store won't put anything illegal or profane on a cake but thinks it's important to respect the views of customers and employees.

"Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability," Taylor said from Bentonville, Ark.

When reached by The Associated Press, Taylor said she'd call back to provide a comment.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

The Campbells' two other children are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in a few months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will be 1 in April.

Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

He said about 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children of mixed race.

^ When I first read that article on Yahoo News, I thought it was from the Onion.

Seriously, who are the parents kidding?

My husband said there was this girl in one of his classes called LaDasha or something like that (spelled phonetically) but on paper it was spelled something like La-ah, get it laDASHah? LOL

Anybody who gives their child the name 'Adolph Hitler' should be hit in the face with a blunt object. That's just fucking ridiculous. :|

Anyway, as has been said many times, there are far too many Michael/John/Jennifer/Sarahs, etc on the planet. I think it's a great to give a kid a unique name. My name is Brittany, and sometimes I wish I had a different one. There were a ton of Brittany's in my class. It was just starting to become popular when I was born. That being said, some people take it a little too far. A person has to go through life with their name. I remember when one of my neighbors and her husband had their little girl a couple years back, the mom wanted to name her Reality.:huh: Thankfully, the dad vetoed that, and they settled on Nevaeh, which I love. It's Heaven spelled backwards. I really want to name my future daughters Rain and Aurora. I love the names Landon and Caleb for boys.

Those parents who named their kid Adolph Hitler are shitheads and have their heads up their asses. I'm glad the bakery declined to put his name on the cake.

I just saw this story on the internet and was going to find this thread to post it in. You beat me to it!

First of all.. who puts the full name of their kid on a birthday cake? Seriously!!

Second, who names their kid with an infamous name and then acts surprised that a controversy is created over it? If you intend on raising your kids differently, you don't label them with a name that is going to bring trouble. Poor little Adolf Hitler Campbell!! He's going to have to grow a huge ego and a lot of insensitivity to be comfortable with his name.. and that wouldn't be a good thing.

I think this guy wanted to create a little controversy so he could make himself look like some kind of poor, oppressed martyr whose right to free expression is being squelched. Why else would he insist on the kid's full name being on the cake? If he had just asked for "Happy Birthday Adolf" just like a normal person would ask for "Happy Birthday Jennifer" or "Happy Birthday Michael" there probably wouldn't have been any issues at all.

I just feel sorry that a child is being dragged into all this. And I'm so glad my parents gave me a nice, simple, ordinary traditional name.

I'm sure the kid will grow up nicely and then at about 15 walk into a school and shoot up the place trying to get as many jews and blacks as he can. What is this father trying to kid. Adolf Hitler? Aryan Nation? Don't tell me if his daughter came home with a jewish or black boy he wouldn't chase them off the property with a shotgun. I think the child protection agency needs to keep a close eye on this family.

I get so upset when i see parents fucking around with their kids lives. You cannot call a kid that and not expect a lot of shit with it. I am sick and tired of seeing parents treat their kids with no respect, and teach them a whole lot of hatred and disrespect towards others, every times making this world just a little bit harder to live in.

I had a child this year whos Dad has just gotten out of jail and from that moment on you could see a change in him. He got his head shaved with a mohawk, he started saying 'so...MAKE ME!' to other kids and once to me (i made him...he didn't try that again! hahaha) he would be covered in fake tattoos and was involved in hiding in the toilets with his brother then waiting till someone came in, punched them in the face dragged them into a toilet, go through their pockets and spit on them. When Mum and Dad were brought to the school to have a meeting Dad just laughed and said they were defending themselves. Mum just sat there morose the whole time. It was horrible.
I'm over it.

So is that a tradition as well or does it just have become normal?
It's so our parents can yell at us by more than one name. When you get that middle name involved, you know you're really in trouble.

Moon Unit Zappa
Dweezil Zappa
Don't forget Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa.
Back in college (1996) there was a girl in my class named Chastity.

And I also knew another one named Charity.

:|
My name is Chasity. One T. I used to hate it, but now I'm quite proud of my name. I've been called Charity a time or two though.

My favorite is "Honey Love."
My grandmother's doctor is called Dr. Love :laugh:

I have a best friend called Adelaide, but I suppose you can get away with it when you live nowhere near the place :up:
Yeah, I always liked certain country names for child names. Australia would be pretty for a girl, as well as Adelaide. Britain would be good for a boy. And I used to have a friend named India.

The family wants attention, simply put. They knew the kids name was controversial (and they're clearly bigots), and they knew what the fuck would happen, and will happen to their kid for the rest of his life, and they're going to milk it for all its worth.

My husband said there was this girl in one of his classes called LaDasha or something like that (spelled phonetically) but on paper it was spelled something like La-ah, get it laDASHah? LOL
Urban legend :shh:

snopes.com: Le-a

(without reading the other replies)

I remember reading in the book "Helter Skelter" that Susan Atkins had a son by Manson that she named Zeosese Zadfrak Glutz.....
One can only hope that his adoptive parents changed his name.

Also, I read about this couple in New Jersey who actually named their son Adolf Hitler (the father is a white supremist.....) and couldn't understand why a bakery in NJ didn't want to put that name on a birthday cake....yeesh!

I'm not surprised by the father's argument. He has the "I'm a Nazi but won't admit it arguments 101" down pretty well.
- Look into the future, not the past
- It's just a name, don't interpret so much into it
- I've had people from different races in my house and would let my kid hang out with them

Always the same bullshit you hear from those idiots who are too great cowards to admit it.

Also, I read about this couple in New Jersey who actually named their son Adolf Hitler (the father is a white supremist.....) and couldn't understand why a bakery in NJ didn't want to put that name on a birthday cake....yeesh!

I just read that in the paper this morning. What exactly was he expecting?

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but recently in NZ one girl's parents were forced to change her name to something other than Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.

I also like the twins, Benson and Hedges.

I'm not surprised by the father's argument. He has the "I'm a Nazi but won't admit it arguments 101" down pretty well.
- Look into the future, not the past
- It's just a name, don't interpret so much into it
- I've had people from different races in my house and would let my kid hang out with them

Always the same bullshit you hear from those idiots who are too great cowards to admit it.

Even if he wasn't a white supremacist, naming your kid Adolf Hitler shows an agonising lack of awareness about history, really.

I think this guy wanted to create a little controversy so he could make himself look like some kind of poor, oppressed martyr whose right to free expression is being squelched. Why else would he insist on the kid's full name being on the cake? If he had just asked for "Happy Birthday Adolf" just like a normal person would ask for "Happy Birthday Jennifer" or "Happy Birthday Michael" there probably wouldn't have been any issues at all.

I saw them on the news

Nuff said :wink:

Back
Top Bottom