Banning the pocketknife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
?

I think "use of pocketknives in society?" would have been a better title for that article than "banning the pocketknife?" since it doesnt seem to directly talk about pocketknife bannings, more relating knife bans in certain places to utility knives.

That said, stabby knives = :down: pocketknives = :up:

Hell, if you banned penknives the Swiss would be a little pissed. :wink:

The passers by in that escalator incident were just that-a couple of people tried to help while everyone else just walked by (I saw that guy interviewed, that's just one snippet from the interview). So maybe the problem there was more people than pocketknives. If enough people stopped the law of averages would have been much better for someone having something.

The article was great in that it contained what I consider to be the single stupidest sentence I've read all day.

The blade is the most fundamental of separators, dividing humanity and the rest of animal life on Earth.

nostalgia

simple minded

people carried pocketknives

BonoVoxSupastar....

Where are the weapons?
In an inanimate object?

Where is evil?

Poorly written?
Write one better please.

Take care :)

The author equated carrying a knife to being masculine.

You see these pacified, civilized, emasculated citizens

Simple minded nostalgia.

One of the reasons none of these passers-by had a knife is because Massachusetts, and presumably the city of Boston, have strict laws governing the carry and possession of knives, or certain types of them.

That's just false. Unless he was trying to say that the only type of pocket knife that could have saved this woman was a lock blade or something longer than a 4 inch blade.

banning pocketknives?! damn, im pissed enough i cant carry my switchblade around, legally at least. :lol:

The blade is the most fundamental of separators, dividing humanity and the rest of animal life on Earth.

I thought that would be opposable thumbs. You can't use a knife without opposable thumbs.

nostalgia

simple minded

people carried pocketknives

The guy only spoke about men carrying pocket knives though :hmm:

Pocket knives are legal here and I don't carry one, I don't know anybody who carries one, and I can't remember the last time I wished I had one on me. :hmm:

This thread would scare Noel Gallagher, possibly to death. It would certainly finish the job where alcohol couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom