Balloon boy story a hoax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how much taxpayer money was spent by the government to try to help the family.

I haven't seen a thread on this which is hard to believe.

I was kind of hoping people here thought the story was already overblown and overreported, like I did.

I couldn't believe how much air time this story got when it occurred. Slow news day, I guess.

My question is why didn't any of the major news networks do some quick background checks on these people? Any reasonable person would have seen reality show participants and instantly thought something was fishy. Poor journalism is just as responsable for the hoax. :tsk:

I wonder how much taxpayer money was spent by the government to try to help the family.

This is what I'd like to see reported. And I believe the family should be forced to pay for these charges. What a crock. Those people are publicity seekers and don't deserve the TV coverage. I agree the journalists covering the story should all be slapped for not checking backgrounds of these people!

I'd like to hear more about the balloon boy. I think we cannot possibly hear enough about the balloon boy, and his bizarre family. And that local sheriff with the half-stars-half-stripes polo shirt? I think we need to hear and see much, much more from and about all of them. Preferably also involving Jennifer Flowers and that Tonya Harding woman.

FRICKIN ATTENTION WHORES..:angry:

i hope they get charged felony charges as well as the misdemeanor charges...

and yes, the dumbass media should of done their homework on this one, especially CNN.:down:

Twenty four hour news channels and all that aside, I still think it's a sad and interesting commentary on a few different aspects of American society. And the kid saying that to Wolf Blitzer (you said we did this for a show) was an all time classic tv moment.

One of the charges is supposedly going to be child endangerment. I feel sorry for their kids.

Reality TV has created monsters. People see how many stupid people have gotten rich and famous very easily for the dumbest things and think they can cash in too, leading to such desperate attempts as this. Maybe the worst since Octa-Mom.

I'm not sure it's created monsters so much as revealed them. In any case, we need to hear lots more about the balloon boy. My appetite for the little ragamuffin is boundless.

Back
Top Bottom