arrest the Pope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Point being when one Church claims to be God's Only One and Only True Church, and does things or a lack of things to protect the innocent, it's very disconcerting and speaks volumes.

So I agree with diamond. This is a new and scary feeling. :uhoh:

:hug:

For anyone who can stomach it, there is a heartbreaking documentary about the prevalence of molestation in the Catholic Church called Deliver Us From Evil. I actually wept while watching it. I have no idea how to reconcile the fact that that these people are supposed to be doing God's work with what has happened. How can this happen?

YouTube - Deliver Us From Evil

Oh, wow...

Honestly, though, until the organized Catholic church (I'm talking about the institution, not about average everyday Catholic members, just to clarify) actually does something about this whole molestation scandal, I'm really beyond caring about whether or not they're "offended" by something.

Angela

I'm not a fan of that cartoon.

But I'm not a fan of what's going on even more.

Still, you could probably swap the crucifix for a statue of the Pope and probably not be far off.

That is the cover of a German magazine.

I don't recall the controversial Muslim cartoons being removed?
Is there a double standard?

That is the cover of a German magazine.

I don't recall the controversial Muslim cartoons being removed?
Is there a double standard?

If you are offended by something, report the post. No one ever reported any muslim cartoons, so they obviously didn't offend anyone enough to warrant contacting the mods.

Anyway..

Community Policies and Rules
Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

I've removed the picture as the mods that are available today agree that it is offensive, but please don't act like you've never posted an offensive picture.
That is quite weak, child rape is offensive not a rational response of highlighting its damage.

That is quite weak, child rape is offensive not a rational response of highlighting its damage.

Ahem:
Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

Move on.

This whole issue is so disconcerting that it’s difficult to get my mind around. There are times when I consider returning to the Catholic faith - as I often miss the traditions and rituals and the veneration of Mary. They bring with them a sense of holiness and a deep mental connection that I don’t experience often in the Protestant faith.
However, this “smoke of Satan” as some have called it prevents me from trusting the Church leadership. How can I trust those spiritual leaders that allowed such horrific abuse to occur? Were abusive priests the minority? Yes. And, had those few priests been removed immediately (if not arrested) and sent to a monastery in the mountains, then I think that most of us would accept that every now and then, a bad priest slips through the system. Even Protestant ministers have their own sex scandals from time to time.

Yet, it becomes more and more apparent that abusive priests were simply shuffled to other parishes and allowed to continue the abuse. This almost seems like it’s an understood behavior, and maybe even consented. What else is one to conclude? Furthermore, to listen to the Vatican “spin” these issues in a manner reminiscent of 1998 Clinton – is downright repulsive.

Perhaps one solution is to allow priests to marry. While I am not stating that married men won’t sexually abuse children – it would expand the “recruiting pool” and maybe bring in a fresh new spirit of trust between the Church and its members.

but please don't act like you've never posted an offensive picture.

Hold on there Italian Goddess, a bit of context here please.

"Offensive" pictures I may or may not have posted in the past have never been anywhere close to felicitating a member of the The Deity.

<>

Chess_piece_-_White_bishop.JPG

i'm of two minds about this (lol i know right):
- i can't believe they're trivialising clerical sex abuse of minors like this
- i can't believe they're making such a big deal about female ordination

i really don't know which is worse.

Back
Top Bottom