Anti-Tax Tea Parties Held Across U.S. - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #201
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Joe Barton, the same guy who said the BCS was like "communism" because it was "all about money"? Yeah, he seems like a sharp guy.

Natural gas baby. It's a potential solution to some of our problems concerning energy. Is Obama still on the Pickens train or not?

Also, it's interesting that talk about 'traditional immigration' usually omits the fact that there wasn't an immigration policy in America until the 20th century.

facts are not allowed in this thread.
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Joe Barton, the same guy who said the BCS was like "communism" because it was "all about money"? Yeah, he seems like a sharp guy.
Maybe that was the year the Texas Longhorns were not included.
Quote:
Natural gas baby. It's a potential solution to some of our problems concerning energy. Is Obama still on the Pickens train or not?
Yes, abundent and cheap but unfortunately it too will kill us.
Quote:
Also, it's interesting that talk about 'traditional immigration' usually omits the fact that there wasn't an immigration policy in America until the 20th century.
There also wasn't nearly as much of it because of transportation, it was vastly more diverse forcing quicker assimilation, and there was no huge network of publicly funded government programs for them to draw on making them a net loss economically speaking.
__________________

INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And how exactly is the US assimilating to immigrants?
For the answer to that question...

dial 1 for English...
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #204
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM

Oh, the science loving conservatives...

I wonder if Barton has even developed object permanence yet?

Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

There also wasn't nearly as much of it because of transportation, it was vastly more diverse forcing quicker assimilation, and there was no huge network of publicly funded government programs for them to draw on making them a net loss economically speaking.
It's the principle of the thing.

Most of us are here because we had ancestors who had access to the opportunity. That's all these people want. How can we in good conscience say to them "well, we got ours, sucks for you..."

Enforce the borders, by all means, but let's stop the discourse that treats these people like common criminals. Put them on the payroll, I say, however it's done. If you can control the borders, you can grant amnesty and there is no argument about an influx of people flooding across the border.


I thought Natural Gas was cleaner? Nothing's perfect (note the above scenario).
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #206
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
For the answer to that question...

dial 1 for English...
So the U.S. is only a melting pot if they talk like you?

It's hurting them more than you, but I guess you'll always need some scapegoat, right?

I mean when all these states allow the gays to marry and the state doesn't go to hell you'll need some boogieman.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Oh, the science loving conservatives...

I wonder if Barton has even developed object permanence yet?

Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
As an ex-Texan I didn't know there was such a thing as an embarrassed Texan. Guess you're the new breed.


Where does oil come from?
Where was what we now call Alaska located at that time?
What is the furthermost south any model shows it to have been located?

One doesn't have to disbelieve in plate tectonics to believe the climate has warmed and cooled in the past which I'm sure was the congressman's point. (we only have 1 minute of video)
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #208
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
One doesn't have to disbelieve in plate tectonics to believe the climate has warmed and cooled in the past which I'm sure was the congressman's point. (we only have 1 minute of video)
That's cute that you are trying to defend him, but I've seen more than 1 minute of video of this guy, he makes W look brilliant.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #209
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
you are liberal (I am assuming) and a Texan??

btw, have you guys seen Michelle Bachman talk about how CO2 cant be harmful because it is "natural"
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
you are liberal (I am assuming) and a Texan??
There's a few of us... but not enough to really significantly bring the state's IQ up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
btw, have you guys seen Michelle Bachman talk about how CO2 cant be harmful because it is "natural"
I do have to laugh... The talk of global warming has been around for decades, no Al Gore didn't invent it, and the talk of CO2 has been involved for years, yet it's only recently that conservatives are coming back with the "it can't be harmful, it's natural" argument. Did someone just recently give them a 5th grade science refresher? I find it ammusing.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #211
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

the talk of CO2 has been involved for years, yet it's only recently that conservatives are coming back with the "it can't be harmful, it's natural" argument. Did someone just recently give them a 5th grade science refresher? I find it ammusing.
haha me too...

The are many things that are "natural" and harmful. Who do they think they are fooling? ... oh yea, I forgot...

Why is it that the GOP has to fight against science and evidence (AKA reality) all the time?
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #212
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
Why is it that the GOP has to fight against science and evidence (AKA reality) all the time?
It really comes down to preserving their status quo, they will fight tooth and nail in order to maintain their 1950's "Leave it to Beaver" revisionist history lifestyle. Don't you get it things were simpler then, people just believed that the earth was created in 144 hours, gays were only Hollywood, the blacks and brown assimilated to them, and the earth was going to last forever, or at least until supply side Jesus came back...

They will deny science, facts, and good ole common sense until they realize that once again they are on the wrong side of history, and then they'll just pretend they were for it the whole time.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #213
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
It really comes down to preserving their status quo, they will fight tooth and nail in order to maintain their 1950's "Leave it to Beaver" revisionist history lifestyle.
I said this exact quote, to the letter, earlier today...even with the leave it to beaver example

...I guess we are on the same wavelength
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,257
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
the conservative approach which is more times than not based somewhat on racism.
Please tell me what evidence you have to back that up. Because frankly, I'm sick of people like you practically calling a racist anyone who wants our borders enforced, our laws enforced, less criminals on the street, people not to cut in line of those who have been waiting years to come here legally, and less stress put on this country's already stressed-to-the-max services and entitlements. For the last time, my position on illegal immigration (and that of about 99% of conservatives) is NOT based on race. I love Mexicans. I love Canadians. I love everyone who isn't a criminal and doesn't want to harm this country. But for God's sake, come here legally. Get in line. Obey the law. BVS, with all due respect, if I hear you make this racism argument one more time I swear my head is going to explode. So please, please provide for me some pretty damn convincing evidence that the position on illegal immigration of an overwhelming number of conservatives is based on hatred and racism and xenophobia.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
There's a few of us... but not enough to really significantly bring the state's IQ up.
So nice... so tolerant of opposing beliefs... so accepting of people that aren't like you and opinions that aren't like yours... By the way, Texas ranks right in the middle of the pack as far as overall intelligence, whereas a state like California is 4th from the bottom. So if you're fighting to raise a state's IQ, I think your service could be better incorporated elsewhere...


Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
people just believed that the earth was created in 144 hours,
As far as I know, that's a very, very small minority of Christians. Biblical scholars study that question their entire lives. Most Christians in America do not believe the literal 24-hour day interpretation.

Sometimes this forum confuses me. Why bother attacking conservatism? If everyone supposedly loves Barack Obama and agrees with the "progressive" viewpoint on everything and hates conservatives, why bother going after them? If Democrats will win every election for the next 100 years and conservatism is dead and gone for good, then you win. What's the point? Unless of course, deep down you don't actually believe any of that, and you feel threatened for 2010 and 2012. And if that's the case, at least admit it. Because people on this forum and Keith Olbermann and Daily Kos spending all their time on conservatives just isn't making any sense to me, especially when Obama isn't exactly living up to his campaign promises. I think it's clear that liberals are already fearing upcoming races. As of right now, if the election were today, Harry Reid would lose, Chris Dodd would lose, and there would be a Republican governor of New York and New Jersey, among others.
2861U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #215
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Because people on this forum and Keith Olbermann and Daily Kos spending all their time on conservatives just isn't making any sense to me, especially when Obama isn't exactly living up to his campaign promises. I think it's clear that liberals are already fearing upcoming races. As of right now, if the election were today, Harry Reid would lose, Chris Dodd would lose, and there would be a Republican governor of New York and New Jersey, among others.
Really?!?

Obama actually is living up to many of his campaign promises, and his approval ratings are pretty high right now...I think it is more that people are fed up with people like Bush, cheney, limbaugh, etc. than anything else. The republicans, who have been complaining more than anything, are in no position to complain after the past 8 years of destroying this country.
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #216
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Please tell me what evidence you have to back that up. Because frankly, I'm sick of people like you practically calling a racist anyone who wants our borders enforced, our laws enforced, less criminals on the street, people not to cut in line of those who have been waiting years to come here legally, and less stress put on this country's already stressed-to-the-max services and entitlements. For the last time, my position on illegal immigration (and that of about 99% of conservatives) is NOT based on race. I love Mexicans. I love Canadians. I love everyone who isn't a criminal and doesn't want to harm this country. But for God's sake, come here legally. Get in line. Obey the law. BVS, with all due respect, if I hear you make this racism argument one more time I swear my head is going to explode. So please, please provide for me some pretty damn convincing evidence that the position on illegal immigration of an overwhelming number of conservatives is based on hatred and racism and xenophobia.
First of all never did I say all conservatives. Secondly, it's based on countless posts in here, and things I hear and read everyday.

For example; you say:
Quote:
I love everyone who isn't a criminal and doesn't want to harm this country.
The truth is, the majority of illegal immigrants are hard working people who just want better lives and are not criminals. Their only crime is coming here without the proper paperwork, that's it. If you knew the process you would understand why, the majority are just people who want to better their lives and another day of waiting may cause them to lose their child. So this constant tying into criminals is part of the problem, you see an issue and not a person. So excuse me if I see this as racism or xenophobia.

Illegal immigration is not the problem, and a wall is not the solution. The real issue of crime coming from over the border is a much bigger issue that for the most part is being ignored.

Geraldo Rivera has extensive knowledge on this subject and ripped up Hannity a couple weeks ago on his radio show, he gave several examples of how the conservative backlash against immigration is ignoring the real problem... How they are busting the innocent people working jobs no one wants to work, even in this economy, and ignoring the real criminals. I'll see if I can find a link.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
So nice... so tolerant of opposing beliefs... so accepting of people that aren't like you and opinions that aren't like yours... By the way, Texas ranks right in the middle of the pack as far as overall intelligence, whereas a state like California is 4th from the bottom. So if you're fighting to raise a state's IQ, I think your service could be better incorporated elsewhere...
You obviously don't recognize a joke when you see one. I love Texas, but we have some extremely outspoken people lately that are just dumb as dirt, and Barton is one of them. It has nothing to do with BELIEF. This has to do with facts, and he doesn't have a grasp on them...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
As far as I know, that's a very, very small minority of Christians. Biblical scholars study that question their entire lives. Most Christians in America do not believe the literal 24-hour day interpretation.
Once again somewhat of a hyperbole... But many still believe in creation as fact and not allegory, when facts speak otherwise. Did you read Diamond's theory as to how fossils got here?



Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Sometimes this forum confuses me. Why bother attacking conservatism? If everyone supposedly loves Barack Obama and agrees with the "progressive" viewpoint on everything and hates conservatives, why bother going after them? If Democrats will win every election for the next 100 years and conservatism is dead and gone for good, then you win. What's the point? Unless of course, deep down you don't actually believe any of that, and you feel threatened for 2010 and 2012. And if that's the case, at least admit it. Because people on this forum and Keith Olbermann and Daily Kos spending all their time on conservatives just isn't making any sense to me, especially when Obama isn't exactly living up to his campaign promises. I think it's clear that liberals are already fearing upcoming races. As of right now, if the election were today, Harry Reid would lose, Chris Dodd would lose, and there would be a Republican governor of New York and New Jersey, among others.
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about... Who has claimed Dems will win anything for the next 100 years? You buy into the Rush talk far too much...

What campaign promises is Obama not living up to?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #217
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

You obviously don't recognize a joke when you see one. I love Texas, but we have some extremely outspoken people lately that are just dumb as dirt, and Barton is one of them. It has nothing to do with BELIEF. This has to do with facts, and he doesn't have a grasp on them...
If you still stay in Texas you may not even be part of the USA in a few months!

I mean seriously...secession?? ...really??

I dont care what anyone thinks of Keith Olbermann, but no one in their right mind could disagree with what he says in this video: He examines what exactly would happen if Texas actually seceded ...

Countdown with Keith OlbermannCountdown with Keith Olbermann
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #218
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Perry is an A grade asshole. I know him personally.

He does not represent us all...
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,733
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I love Mexicans. I love Canadians. I love everyone who isn't a criminal and doesn't want to harm this country. But for God's sake, come here legally. Get in line. Obey the law.
I wasn't aware that there were significant numbers of Canadians escaping the oppressive regime for greener American pastures?
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I wasn't aware that there were significant numbers of Canadians escaping the oppressive regime for greener American pastures?
I regularly drive to Niagara Falls and gaze longingly at the border.
__________________

VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×