Another Malaysian Airline Disaster? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Another Malaysian Airline Disaster?

A Malaysian jet is missing again, this time over Ukraine. Early speculation is running wild after Russia has reportedly shot down several Ukraine jets this week already.
__________________

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Unbelievable. It had to be another Malaysia Airlines plane.
__________________

prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,113
Local Time: 03:25 PM
This is going to be a nightmare.

Malaysia Airlines Plane Crash: Flight Shot Down Over Ukraine (LATEST UPDATES)
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Just heard it on the news here, this is horrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,815
Local Time: 12:25 AM
The reports say that no-one survived the crash, so all 295 persons are dead.
Popmartijn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Is it just coincidence that this happened on the 18th anniversary of TWA Flight 800?

TWA Flight 800 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,311
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Such a shame. Under the assumption that this was indeed the Russians... what is it with them and shooting down civilian aircraft?
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
JJAsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kokkola, Funland
Posts: 5,141
Local Time: 01:25 AM
as far as I know that area was only released for commercial flights few days ago, just why in the hell would anyone want to fly over a zone where separatists got anti aircraft missiles ect ?
JJAsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Well fuck... I just heard that a coworker we always had lunch with and who always came to our room to say hi was very likely on that flight. She's been happily telling us about the preparations for her holiday to Indonesia. Damn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,113
Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Well fuck... I just heard that a coworker we always had lunch with and who always came to our room to say hi was very likely on that flight. She's been happily telling us about the preparations for her holiday to Indonesia. Damn.
Damn, GG, I'm really sorry to hear that. Sincerely. There's a person like that anywhere you work and a presence like that will be missed.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 01:25 AM
Nothing is confirmed, so I don't know 100% for sure, but it is starting to look very likely.

She was indeed a presence, always cheerful, nice to everyone. Shite I hope they're wrong or that she missed her flight or something like that!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear, GG.

This is chilling.

Rebel Leader in Leaked Audio: 'Cossacks' Shot Down the Plane
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
Refugee
 
PennyLanePHINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,146
Local Time: 06:25 PM
Putin has fanned the flames that led to this. And just gets rewarded by hosting Olympics and World Cups (and we know Blatter has no balls to move it from Russia or Qatar for that matter.) Though that is a bit off topic, allowing him to stroke his ego in the face of his wild behavior is what I'm getting at. I bet he wishes he could bring back the Soviet Union.
PennyLanePHINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,725
Local Time: 10:25 AM
President of the international AIDS society was on the plane.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,725
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Just sort of realising the scope of this now I'm at work and awake. I feel ill. People are evil.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 09:55 AM
A tragedy, pretty flabbergasting to wake up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Such a shame. Under the assumption that this was indeed the Russians... what is it with them and shooting down civilian aircraft?
It's not something the US isn't guilty of either, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAsi View Post
as far as I know that area was only released for commercial flights few days ago, just why in the hell would anyone want to fly over a zone where separatists got anti aircraft missiles ect ?
From what I understood the UA government had declared it a no-fly zone, I don't remember it being reversed lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Putin has fanned the flames that led to this. And just gets rewarded by hosting Olympics and World Cups (and we know Blatter has no balls to move it from Russia or Qatar for that matter.) Though that is a bit off topic, allowing him to stroke his ego in the face of his wild behavior is what I'm getting at. I bet he wishes he could bring back the Soviet Union.
Where to start with this?

I do love it when many people just go the casual "Blame Russia!" route, and not taking into account the actions of the Ukrainian government which seems to get a free pass among many Westerners. And the whole "Putin wants the USSR back" is just lazy.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,323
Local Time: 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Where to start with this?

I do love it when many people just go the casual "Blame Russia!" route, and not taking into account the actions of the Ukrainian government which seems to get a free pass among many Westerners. And the whole "Putin wants the USSR back" is just lazy.
Pretty sure annexing part of a sovereign nation with little-to-no justification and then encouraging and funding open guerrilla warfare in another part of that country probably means you should likely get the blame when people start shooting.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 06:25 PM
This is scary. I am on a plane every other week due to work, mostly on international flights. It is unbelievable that some terrorist could do something like this with such a level of malice...
U2@NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 07:25 PM
A very sad event.

I hope why this happened is answered.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Pretty sure annexing part of a sovereign nation with little-to-no justification and then encouraging and funding open guerrilla warfare in another part of that country probably means you should likely get the blame when people start shooting.
You missed my point, annexing a part of a country (no matter how the people living there felt about it) is not justified, but so quickly so many of you are jumping to these conclusions regardless of the UA government's recent actions and motives. It's not that simple.
__________________

Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×