ACA Upheld by Supreme Court; Now Known as SCOTUSCare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
Scalia is throwing a temper tantrum.

CIWhsChWUAALc-o.png

He also used the phrase "interpretive jiggery-pokery," so his brain may actually be broken, if it wasn't already.

CIWikh8WoAEgdaP.png

I actually really like reading his dissents, for what it's worth. If you look over any Supreme Court documents from over time the dissenting opinions are usually written with a lot more lax an attitude because it's their last hurrah on the topic, you know? So there's usually a bit more honesty.

My first thought was how happy Republicans must be. Now they can still bitch and moan about Obamacare without actually taking insurance away from their constituents.

not true

they can vote to repeal it, ? 50, 60, 70 more times? before the Nov 2016 election?? :madwife:

I actually really like reading his dissents, for what it's worth. If you look over any Supreme Court documents from over time the dissenting opinions are usually written with a lot more lax an attitude because it's their last hurrah on the topic, you know? So there's usually a bit more honesty lunacy.
fixed

"Pure applesauce," he insisted. "Imagine that a university sends around a bulletin reminding every professor to take the 'interests of graduate students' into account when setting office hours, but that some professors teach only undergraduates. Would anybody reason that the bulletin implicitly presupposes that every professor has 'graduate students,' so that 'graduate students' must really mean 'graduate or undergraduate students'? Surely not.'"
that is a 'great legal mind'?

Literally the whole argument for taking away the subsidies was the equivalent of "the card says Moops." This case also proved that Scalia, Alito, and Thomas are nothing but ideologues.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My first thought was how happy Republicans must be. Now they can still bitch and moan about Obamacare without actually taking insurance away from their constituents.

Very true. I bet they're hoping they legalize Gay Marriage too, so they won't have to keep navigating the grey zone minefield of questions. As it relates to different states.

Back
Top Bottom