30% of Texans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
humansanddinos_tr2_png_800x1000_q100.png

:crack:

"The big bang was of the perfect strength to cause the creation of the universe as we know it. Any stronger and the force of expansion would have made the formation of matter impossible, the energy of the big bang would have continued outwards in the form of radio waves. Any less powerful and the pullback to the center caused by gravity would have sucked everything blown out back into the tiny pinpoint where it all started. That this occurred has made possible the form of all matter, in the form of gas -- the substance of stars and all other substances, liquids and solids. The threshold for the existence of matter is so tiny that the existence of the universe is either the greatest fluke imaginable, or the inevitable result of some ultimate creative influence." ~ The Edge

"I do believe in God very strongly, and I don't believe that we just exploded out of thin air, I can't believe it." ~ Bono

There are some very smart people out there who believe.

Thinking that human beings rode with the dinosaurs is one thing.

Thinking that creation began because of an external force that guided it into being is another.

^. I agree. Personally, I believe that scientific facts can't be ignored. I also believe that in order for something to be created, there has to be a Creator. For some it's probably ranges as everything from naivete to blasphemy to believe that God created science, and yes, even the evolutionary process, but I do believe that. It sounds like a contradiction, but it's one I can live with.

That survey has made me embarrassed both as an American and as a human being.

And some people wonder why the US is not the superpower it once was.

Back
Top Bottom