2012 VP Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG you guys, I think Paul Ryan is the first person ever to come up with the nickname of "Bean" for a child or animal!!!

Yeah, she's not pulling any punches with these questions.

This debate is definitely much better than the Romney/Obama one. When Romney and Obama debate again I want it to be more like this.

EDIT: LOL, Cori.

I still love how the Republican Party is totally cool with their religious beliefs being the inspiration for the lawmaking process, but when the government interferes in how religion does things, then it's bad. Can't have it both ways, people.

Is Ryan's other child's nickname Peanut? Cuz that would be shocking.

This about sums it up:

RTR391HQ.jpg

The sense I'm getting on Facebook is that the perception of win and loss will be along partisan lines this week. All the conservatives feel that Biden did a bad job, but the liberals seem to see him as the stronger debater.

I think Biden came off very strong (but then I'm more liberal so am I merely biased. . .)

I thought Biden did a great job, and I expect my conservative friends will think Ryan did the better job. I still would like to get a real answer from Ryan or Romney on their precise economic plans. Because, still nothing.

I LOVED Biden's answer to the abortion question. It is what I have always wanted to hear from a male politician. :applaud:

I think Ryan articulated several critiques of the Obama administration and have voice to things conservatives want to hear. I can see why some will be happy.

As a debate, it wasn't even close. Biden's depth of knowledge made it look like Ryan was running for student council.

deep said:
of course, she is a personal friend of Barry Obama

Yes, the ex-wife of one of O's friends from law school. The right did their best to bully her beforehand -- like the whole "liberal media" canard it's nothing more than working the refs.

Thankfully it didn't work.

"I accept my churches position on abortion... life begins at conception and I accept it in my personal life.... but I refuse to impose that on others" It was awesome.

It's good! He's not going to try and impose his religious belief on others And especially as a government official he more less mirrors the ....gov't shall not establish an official religion.... idea in The Constitution.

Irvine511 said:
Yes, the ex-wife of one of O's friends from law school. The right did their best to bully her beforehand -- like the whole "liberal media" canard it's nothing more than working the refs.

Thankfully it didn't work.

That was ridiculous. She's a brilliant woman who knows her stuff, and they have to try to discredit her with an ex husband. Ugh.

Biden was being Biden with all that laughing but I thought it went too far. Looked rude and inappropriate and smarmy. His position on abortion is mine too. You get ridiculed by some people for that. Paul Ryan had that you're not a real Catholic smirk on his face.

I think it was a draw, they both did well. Paul Ryan is slick and was good at making himself seem more moderate.

It really bugs me that so many Conservatives are whining about Biden last night when just a week ago, Romney was just as rude. Typical double standards.

From HuffPo

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

Consulate personnel stationed in Benghazi had allegedly expressed concerns over their safety in the months leading up to the Sept. 11 attacks that killed four Americans, including Amb. Chris Stevens. Chaffetz and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who chairs the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, claim those concerns were ignored.

"It seems to be a coordinated effort between the White House and the State Department, from Secretary [Hillary] Clinton to President Obama's White House," Chaffetz told Fox and Friends on Tuesday.

Chaffetz and Issa co-signed a letter to the State Department, demanding answers on to the Benghazi security detail. State Department officials and other witnesses will testify before the House Oversight Subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense, and Foreign Operations on Wednesday.

Ahead of the hearing, some Democrats claim that partisanship and campaigning are corrupting the Libyan investigation, The New York Times reports. The charges come as some GOP members attempt to frame the incident as a failure of the Obama's foreign policy and to call criticize the administration for engaging in a "cover-up" of what really occurred.

Back
Top Bottom