2012 US Elections, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Washington Post

According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI had uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 "potentially inappropriate" pages of communication between Allen and Kelley, Petraeus's alleged other other woman and the subject of the shirtless FBI agent's affection.

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta released a statement early this morning, saying Allen will retain his position for now.

"While the matter is under investigation and before the facts are determined, General Allen will remain commander of ISAF," Panetta said, referring to the NATO-led force in Afghanistan.

However, Panetta did ask the Senate to hurry proceedings to appoint Allen's likely successor, Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford.

But back to all those emails. Reportedly, they were all sent between 2010 and 2012, although it's not clear if they were ongoing or if they stopped earlier this year.

Huffington Post

Former GOP vice-presidential nominee and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is blaming President Barack Obama's win on his turnout in cities.

In one of a series of first interviews following the loss by Ryan and Mitt Romney last Tuesday, Ryan told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, "Well, he got turnout. The president should get credit for achieving record-breaking turnout numbers from urban areas for the most part, and that did win the election for him." Ryan repeated the line to local station WISC-TV.

But Politico's James Hohmann notes that the Romney-Ryan ticket also lost predominately white and rural states like Iowa and New Hampshire, and underperformed in Midwestern states.

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal hurled harsh criticism at his own party after the GOP was blindsided in the 2012 elections, telling Republicans to end "dumbed-down conservatism" by putting a stop to "offensive, bizarre" comments.

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments -- enough of that,” Jindal told Politico. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Jindal told Politico Republicans should “stop being the stupid party” by working to embrace a larger group of constituents rather than becoming the party of "big anything."

The GOP governor criticized the idea that the GOP is "the party that simply protects the rich." Jindal even took a jab at Mitt Romney's now-infamous "47 percent" remarks, noting Republicans would have to be more inclusive going forward.

“The Republican Party is going to fight for every single vote,” he said. “That means the 47 percent and the 53 percent, that means any other combination of numbers going up to 100 percent.”

Former GOP vice-presidential nominee and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is blaming President Barack Obama's win on his turnout in cities.

In one of a series of first interviews following the loss by Ryan and Mitt Romney last Tuesday, Ryan told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, "Well, he got turnout. The president should get credit for achieving record-breaking turnout numbers from urban areas for the most part, and that did win the election for him." Ryan repeated the line to local station WISC-TV.

That's quite a bit of biased reporting "blaming President Barack Obama's win on his turnout in cities". To be fair, Ryan gives Obama credit for achieving the urban turnout, not 'blaming' it on his loss.

The GOP governor criticized the idea that the GOP is "the party that simply protects the rich." Jindal even took a jab at Mitt Romney's now-infamous "47 percent" remarks, noting Republicans would have to be more inclusive going forward.

I like this quote, from the same article:
"We've got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything. We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys."

I'm starting to think there's a real problem with straights in the military.

Before this thing is over, the FBI will literally have binders full of women.

:applaud:

An ABC Affiliate in Denver accidentally ran a story featuring a fake cover for the biography.

2isbfc5.jpg

ABC Affiliate Ran Phony Cover of Broadwell Book | The Weekly Standard

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal hurled harsh criticism at his own party after the GOP was blindsided in the 2012 elections, telling Republicans to end "dumbed-down conservatism" by putting a stop to "offensive, bizarre" comments.

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments -- enough of that,” Jindal told Politico. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Jindal told Politico Republicans should “stop being the stupid party” by working to embrace a larger group of constituents rather than becoming the party of "big anything."

“The Republican Party is going to fight for every single vote,” he said. “That means the 47 percent and the 53 percent, that means any other combination of numbers going up to 100 percent.”

Heeeeeeey, good comments here, Jindal! This is what I want to hear more of from the GOP.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Heeeeeeey, good comments here, Jindal! This is what I want to hear more of from the GOP.

The beginnings of Jindal 2016 start in denunciation of the party that was slayed by Barack Obama in 2012.

A good thing.

He'll never make it past the primaries with that kind of talk.

but the 2 recent candidates who made it through the increasingly insane GOP primaries were Mitt and McCain. they defeated the crazies -- despite appealing to the base -- and were deemed "electable."

i think there may be some play for that role for 2016. right now it belongs to Christie.

Charlie Webster, the outgoing Maine Republican chairman, claimed Wednesday in an interview that "hundreds" of black voters cast ballots in rural Maine towns, contributing to the party's losses.
"In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day," he said in an interview with WSCH TV. "Everybody has the right to vote, but nobody in town knows anybody that's black -- how did that happen? I don't know. We're going to find out."
Pressed on where it happened, he said it happened in "several rural Maine towns." He added that without a voter ID law or "way to check," voting was "fraught for abuse."
Webster stood by the claim in an interview with the Portland Press Herald. "I'm not talking about 15 or 20. I'm talking hundreds," he said. "I'm not politically correct and maybe I shouldn't have said these voters were black, but anyone who suggests I have a bias toward any race or group, frankly, that's sleazy."

Charlie Webster, Maine GOP Chair, Alleges That Black Voters Came To Rural Towns To Vote

:eeklaugh: Riiiiight! Talk about conspiracy run amok!

Oh boy, the GOP is self-destructing so badly its actually getting funny to watch!

If we only had laws to suppress anyone of color from voting, our guy would have won!!

Maybe if the GOP didn't continue to make such dumb ass statements like this, they could get some votes out of minorities.

But please, feel free to keep spouting off how it was the blacks or hispanics fault that Romney lost, and the USA should feel ashamed for that.

He also said women voted for Obama because of the "gift" of free contraceptives.

Just be a man and face the reality of why you lost. Face your own mistakes. What he said there, well that alone is a good indication of his character. Maybe THAT's why you lost dude.

The Republicans needs to get introspective and navel-gazey about why they lost, not finger-pointy.

Back
Top Bottom