2012 Presidential Debates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could hear "so Mr Obama, you keep talking about going back to plans that we had during the Clinton administration when it comes to improving the economy... would the "houses for everybody" plan, which ultimately is what led to the mortgage bubble popping, be a part of that plan, or no?"

I'd also like to hear "what will you do in office to help overturn the Citizens United ruling?"
Important questions, especially the second one. The Citizens United ruling is so huge and so wrong.

The President cannot overturn a SCOTUS ruling, so that question would actually make no sense. And since the Citizens United ruling found that a previous bill was unconstitutional, it isn't as if Obama can be asked whether he would introduce legislation in that vein.

I signed an online petition before the last debate to get Jim Lehrer to ask about gun control. Of course it didn't work. Maybe someone will ask about it tonight.

Ok i've read some of things that this supposed doctor and gentleman who uses science has previously said in relation to Chaz Bono and Newt Gingrich, he's a grade A quack and I'm pretty sure any of the first year junior docs on my ward could absolutely humiliate him.

He graduated from Brown and Johns Hopkins, but obviously that means diddly squat in his case. So irresponsible. I vaguely remember what he said about Chaz Bono, will have to Google the Newt stuff.

He's had his own (failed) tv show and has written mystery novels. He still practices privately in Massachusetts and NYC.

I love that Fox is talking about Biden having dementia. By that logic, they should've been equally concerned about McCain back in 2008, and had a doctor on to diagnose him, too.

It would also be nice if we could get a "when will one of you grow a set, stop bowing down to party ideology at all costs, and actually, ya know, lead? Specifically you, Mr. Romney... is your new/old run towards the center an honest attempt to get back to who you were as governor of Massachusetts after years of cow towing to the hard right douchebags in order to get elected, or are you just another opportunistic hypocrite?"

And perhaps, just once... "when will one of you dickwads do something real about gun control?"

:up: No argument on these, either. ESPECIALLY the gun control one. How the news stories popping up in the last few months alone about mass shootings aren't enough to wake people up, I don't know. But someone really needs to tell the NRA to shove off for once and get serious about this issue.

And I do agree that Citizens United definitely needs to be dealt with, but anitram makes a good point on that one.

5 things I need to see or hear tonight:

1) Enough dog-whistles to keep me howling at the moon until 3 AM.

2) A gay soldier booed.

3) President Obama's n-droppin' black church dialect.

4) Hillary Clinton sous le bus.

5) A vivisection of a failed presidency.

that is how one wins on appearance

read a transcript of the first debate, Obama may have been better, but was not the winner

The idiot undecided voters pretty obviously prefer Obama (on CNN). I think these are generally pretty stupid people though and not a proxy for anything.

Washington Post has this agree/disagree worm that's updating every five seconds. The second Obama started speaking it moved from disagree to agree. This walking around the stage thing is funny.

I don't know if I've been watching too much football or what, but I keep expecting them to break into fisticuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom