2012 Presidential Debates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see this is a win for Romney.

A tie maybe. . .I felt it was more of an Obama win.

a tie, is a small net win for Romney

please keep in mind that I do not like Romney and will be voting for Obama again

i am just saying what I believe how the over all general consensus will end up

I think my appraisal after the last debate ended up being mostly correct

It's so much fun to watch the Fox postgame show. That Priebus guy just referred to that man who asked one question as the African American guy sitting in the middle.

"Binders full of women" will be the most remembered part of this debate.

I didn't think that was such a big deal. I knew what he meant. It was awkward, but shit, what does he say to try and "connect" that ISN'T awkward?

20 minutes after the debate, I'm already sick of the jokes about it. Like the Big Bird thing.

I made it through the debate, although every time they're talking over each other, I have to restrain myself from yelling "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!"

I didn't think that was such a big deal. I knew what he meant. It was awkward, but shit, what does he say to try and "connect" that ISN'T awkward?

20 minutes after the debate, I'm already sick of the jokes about it. Like the Big Bird thing.

I made it through the debate, although every time they're talking over each other, I have to restrain myself from yelling "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!"
I don't even mean as a rip on him. It's just an inherently funny turn-of-phrase.

then he did a huge segway on Bengazi and how Obama flat out lied, that they have it on tape and it can bring him down.:crack:

That exchange bothered me too - it came across to me like Romney was talking about an official declaration, the decision that it was an Act of Terrorism Perpetrated By a Terrorist Group, as opposed to a general "terror" comment, which, yes, Obama did say right away.

They were arguing semantics, and I wish it wouldn't have come across like an "a-ha! Caught you being wrong!" moment for Obama.

I don't even mean as a rip on him. It's just an inherently funny turn-of-phrase.

that and that in all sincerity he cared about these women he hired because he gave them special treatment by letting them leave work at 5 pm so they could be home in time to cook dinner,

Yes, because women working in 2012 all boils down to kids and cooking, doesn't it? Thanks for that, Romney.

Of course it's important for parents to have that kind of flexibility, but ugh.

a tie, is a small net win for Romney

please keep in mind that I do not like Romney and will be voting for Obama again

i am just saying what I believe how the over all general consensus will end up

I think my appraisal after the last debate ended up being mostly correct

I don't think you're biased, deep. Just wrong. :wink: (Though you were right on the first debate). This was not a tie, it was an Obama win, though not a blowout. Nevertheless this is the second week in a row of the Obama campaign coming out ahead in the debates.

The last debate will be on foreign policy and I think that is a much weaker area for Romney. He's strongest when critiquing the president on the economy. The opportunities for criticism are fewer in foreign policy, unless he wants to continue to make political hay out of the Libya attack or suggest we bomb Iraq.

I don't see what Mitt hiring lots of women has to do with equal pay or Lily Ledbetter.

As for a win I'd say it was a "win" for Obama because he was awake, assertive, and aggressive. Romney was often annoying and off putting. I find the President immensely likable. I just wish his job performance could rise to the level of that, in my eyes.

that wasn't what i got out of what he said at all. i figured those were the jobs he said if push came to shove could stay overseas. he wanted to focus on getting the high-skill jobs back in america like research jobs. he didn't specifically say what else he considered high-skill but i hope to god he considers call centre jobs high skill (it isn't really but it does require a brain) because i'm so tired of dealing with people whose first languages are english yet don't know what i'm talking about when i call various companies.

And that's what I'm getting at when I say it seemed out of touch: What are most people supposed to do for work?

I didn't even bother stopping myself. I definitely was yelling at the tv.

tumblr_mc0l0xLib41rj8amio1_500.jpg

How do people already have this shit ready to go?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't see what Mitt hiring lots of women has to do with equal pay or Lily Ledbetter.

He also has black friends you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom