2012 Conventions; Tampa & Charlotte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
too bad he screwed the gays over

It is.

And too bad he screwed over all of us when he repealed Glass-Steegal and the banking industry started to play poker with your money.

He's done some bad things too, deep, but adults are often capable of holding several thoughts in their head at once

Is Bill Clinton still speaking? Couldn't make it through the whole thing.

He's thinner than ever.

48 minutes. How long was his infamously long speech? Can't remember.

Actually i think he looked good, i've seen photos of him looking thinner.I wouldn't have really thot of it as long IF the Talkinh Heads on CBS hadn't mentioned how bad his firsrt spoeech was> just before he spoke! :tsk:

I was thinking this IS long but in the context of how many people are going to be bored by this..... not me per se.
But with the cameras they hopped through the crowd and saw
a hell of a lot excited and intensely listening!

:lo; I for got to mention he's sooo smart along with being a wonk! I guess your could be an ineffective wonk by being not very smart?

But he has the gift of putting complex things in simpler terms

In a sense he had to make a long speech b/c he had to go through all these different policy points with both the human/emotional side b/c cause of his empathy and his life experinces along with the stats to back Obama's actions up and illumiinate what Romney/Ryan will do to us, wehile also being animated in his speaking manner to further engage the audience.

I really, really feel, without the support of polls or anything of the sort, that this election is essentially all but over for Mitt Romney.

What a stark contrast between the conventions. How clear it is that one party is living in decades past.

BUT ONE CAUTION>> the Voter Suppresion/ go through hoops yo be able to get a "proper" State ID or renew Driver's lisence.

i do has some more hope now bwecause I've heard alot of the "boots on the ground" national & locally directed groups working in the affeted States ie Pensylvania, Virginia, Ohio and a few others.

Bill Clinton is a rock star. He is the only reason I watched any of the DNC (didn't watch the Republicans at all) For the rest of the speeches I can scan the texts online, but I don't like to miss a Clinton performance no matter how long winded he might be. The Clintons are the only politicians left who still move me.

That being said, I'll be reading the factchecks.:D

:hmm: you should YT up Deval Patrick, (?former) Gov Strickland speeches they were fabulous speeches, very strong!

And too bad he screwed over all of us when he repealed Glass-Steegal and the banking industry started to play poker with your money.

He's done some bad things too, deep, but adults are often capable of holding several thoughts in their head at once

Did you hear he had sex with someone named Monica, too?

He improvised parts of his speech and it didn't involve talking to an empty chair? My mind = blown.

It is.

indeed!
That's why I can enthusiasticall support Pres Obama for the
good he has done while being troulbed by other parts of his actions. I didn't get really burned like some Liberals/Proressives did with Pres Obama...becuase I knew enough that for me he would compromise perhaps too much in some arenas. This was becuase I thought Pres Clintonn was more progressive than he turned out to be. So I learned my lessons back then. But he did do some great things too! SO I'm lad in all he was President.

Oh yes I cringed when Glass-Steegal was removed! I knew Baaaad Stuff would happen eventually!
DADT.. i didn't quite understand all the ramafications of how bad that would end up being. And of course gay people be able to be yourself in such a heavy situation as serving esp in more combat situations to be able to celebrate if you had/have deep emotional/romantic parterships, and now marriage in some cases to be able to share/celebrate those bonds that also help keep you going in dangerous situations along with Unit Cohesion and comraderie!

I'm not sure what I find more amusing: Obama's speech being moved indoors due to "empty seats"

Screen_Shot_2012-09-06_at_12.54.35_PM.png

So .... you're saying it's being moved inside because nobody likes him, and he has a cloud of rain that follows him around, raining only on him? That's a shame. :(

So .... you're saying it's being moved inside because nobody likes him, and he has a cloud of rain that follows him around, raining only on him? That's a shame. :(

Also thunderbolts (ie God) aiming right at him.

Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer claimed Wednesday that there was no way officials moved President Barack Obama's speech indoors due to concerns about the weather, saying Democrats have known what Thursday's weather will be for "months."

"It wasn't the weather, they knew what the weather was going to be months ago. This was clearly a response to the fear of a sea of empty seats, and that's why this is being done," Krauthammer said.

I wonder if he can tell me whether it will rain on my wedding day...

Does he mean they could have predicted it would rain knowing where and when they'd be there? If that's the case, then shouldn't the Republicans known about their own reschedulings well? Considering they scheduled their convention in Florida during hurricane season?

Or is he actually implying that the Democrats actually control the weather?

Hannity kept talking about the rain thing last night.

Watching him freak out at the DNC is very entertaining.

Accdg to him there is hardly any chance of rain and they can't give the tickets away.

Weather has a clear liberal bias.

No kidding. Do you think Weather would have dared attempt a drought if there'd been a Republican in office this year? Bish, please. I bet the Dems paid Weather well to bring some more ammo for the climate change argument.

:hmm: you should YT up Deval Patrick, (?former) Gov Strickland speeches they were fabulous speeches, very strong!

On the whole, I'm more interested in content than delivery and I'm sure I'll be able to find the transcripts online. Thank you for suggesting the speakers. I stay away from political happenings and talking heads more and more these days. Deliberately.

The Clintons, however, are a guilty pleasure for me.

Delegates are just basically members of the party on a state level who are pretty involved, so I wouldn't expect a high level of functioning from them. What an idiot.

Hannity kept talking about the rain thing last night.

Watching him freak out at the DNC is very entertaining.

Accdg to him there is hardly any chance of rain and they can't give the tickets away.

my computer doesn't show vids well or at all depending....

however I will have access to a better computer this Sat, soooo.....

...any highlights you want reccomend of Hannity freaking @DNC? :lol:

ya know why some Democrats "booed God" ?

Because they are tired of Uber Right Wing Republicans trying to shove their idea of God and the way God "should be" and the way "He" should be Worshipped down the throats of everyone else's personal religious, spiritual, or ethical humanistic views. That's why. :)

they are the American Taliban along witrh some Uber Right Catholics.... and not much if a fan of Ultra-Orthodox Jews either Except THEY (usually) don't go around trying to shove their religion down non-Jewish folks! That's goys, people.

1) This week is the Democratic National Convention so it wasn't "Uber Right Wing Republicans" trying to reinstate God into the Democratic Party Platform, it was fellow Democrats.

2) The religion being shoved down the throats of the booing Democrats was as follows: “we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Would you boo that dazzled?

Let me ask you something, were the signers of the Declaration of Indepence shoving religion down the throat of "everyone else's[/B] personal religious, spiritual, or ethical humanistic views," with "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"?

INDY500 said:
1) This week is the Democratic National Convention so it wasn't "Uber Right Wing Republicans" trying to reinstate God into the Democratic Party Platform, it was fellow Democrats.

2) The religion being shoved down the throats of the booing Democrats was as follows: “we need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Would you boo that dazzled?

Let me ask you something, were the signers of the Declaration of Indepence shoving religion down the throat of "everyone else's personal religious, spiritual, or ethical humanistic views," with "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"?

Pretty sure I heard Clinton say "god bless America" :shrug:

a 100% chance of demagoguery

I'm amazed that you seem incapable of recognizing that your side does exactly the same thing. You call out demagoguery as if it's some unique Sin of the Democrats, rather than Par for the Course for politicians of all stripes. . .

Back
Top Bottom