2008 U.S. Presidential Election: First Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think each debate should have its own thread. By the time the third presidential debate comes around, no one wants to have to fish around between pages 50 and 60 for the BEGINNING of the conversation about that particular debate. Putting all of the debates in one thread is a recipe for making a huge, bloated, convoluted thread in which eighteen conversations are happening at one time and navigation through it all becomes more tedious than necessary.

The thing with her mastery of the non-answer is that non-answers are all she's been giving so far in interviews, and they don't seem to be doing her any favors. She's going to have to bring some substance or else she's toast. Cutesy stories may win her some empathy points, but she's got to rid herself, at least partially, of the perception that she simply doesn't know or understand what these issues are about. Based on what we've seen so far, that might be a tall order.

it seems like they've found their rhythm with her.

they ask her a question, she takes the subject and presents it as an attack on Obama, or the media, or the elites, or whatever else.

I think each debate should have its own thread. By the time the third presidential debate comes around, no one wants to have to fish around between pages 50 and 60 for the BEGINNING of the conversation about that particular debate. Putting all of the debates in one thread is a recipe for making a huge, bloated, convoluted thread in which eighteen conversations are happening at one time and navigation through it all becomes more tedious than necessary.

I agree.

The threads are already linking to much.

I say start a new one and let this one die.

But I am also a Canadian, but I will NOT sit idly by while the Americans take away my rights!!!:mad:

Media bias:

Palin has been running for just over a month. Obama has been running for more than 18 months. So I did a search on Yahoo News;

Palin and experience: 13,538 results
Obama and experience: 15,074 results

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Futhurmore, Barry is a candy ass.
Michelle Obama is twice the man Obama is.

You want Sarah scrutinized, but not O.

Make you a deal:

Barry sits down with 5 of the top conservative media interviewers first, than Sarah will do hers.

So far Barry has been hiding like a punk from scrutiny, with help from MSM; that's as apparent as a clear blue day.

<>

Media bias:

Palin has been running for just over a month. Obama has been running for more than 18 months. So I did a search on Yahoo News;

Make you a deal:

Barry sits down with 5 of the top conservative media interviewers first, than Sarah will do hers.

So far Barry has been hiding like a punk from scrutiny, with help from MSM; that's as apparent as a clear blue day.

<>

What planet are you from?

:huh:

The thing with her mastery of the non-answer is that non-answers are all she's been giving so far in interviews, and they don't seem to be doing her any favors.

:yes: And I think the fact that these interviews have gotten so much airtime--and all of it negative--her "non-answers" will only be magnified and more easily pointed out. There's the argument that the stupidity that we've seen in the interviews lowers the debate bar to a level that she can easily climb over. However, one could also make an argument that they've effectively cut off her most potent technique at the knees.

Media bias:

Make you a deal:

<>

I admire your persistence in defending the indefensible, when many of your own party members have long since realized it's futile. You're like the little engine who could! ;)

The fact is, Obama is a known entity whose name and record has been part if the public record for quite some time now. Palin is the unknown entity here, and that's why people have been seeking information about her, since her and her campaign aren't very forthcoming about laying it all out there, themselves.

His "entity" has been hidden by the Press.

This is why there is such a disparity in the internet searches.:up:

Don't worry he will win-and then most Americans will get it.

<>

Media bias:

Make you a deal:

<>

You have proved our point for us.

In over a month nearly as many people have searched about experience as it relates to Palin as have they searched for Obama and experience in 18 months. This tells me that more people are concerned about her lack of experience then Obamas.

If you were to extrapolate your very scientific conclusion you would find that over the course of 18 months Palin would have 243,684 searches. That would tell me that a quarter million people are concerned enough about her experience to get on their computers and search and read about her lack of experience.

Thanks for pointing that out to me:wink:

Media bias:

Perhaps that's because as the press and America learned more about Obama, they realized that hey, he actually does know what he's talking about. Whereas the more people get to know Palin, the more they realize she's not ready?

Nah, couldn't be.

Another stunningly intelligent analysis from diamond. "Candy ass" - what astute insight you provide. :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way:

<>

Hiding from scrutiny, eh? I wasn't aware that it was the Obama campaign who was holding someone back from the press, or having daddy come along on interviews to answer questions for him.

And if he's hiding from scrutiny as you say, is that why he held a press conference and then stayed until he had answered every question the reporters asked on the whole Rezko ordeal?

Is that why, instead of trying to ignore or hide from the scrutiny over Rev. Wright, he faced it openly and even wrote and delivered one of the most open, honest and insightful speeches on race in America?

But it was a good try, dbs. :hug:

Perhaps that's because as the press and America learned more about Obama, they realized that hey, he actually does know what he's talking about. Whereas the more people get to know Palin, the more they realize she's not ready?

Hiding from scrutiny, eh? I wasn't aware that it was the Obama campaign who was holding someone back from the press, or having daddy come along on interviews to answer questions for him.

And if he's hiding from scrutiny as you say, is that why he held a press conference and then stayed until he had answered every question the reporters asked on the whole Rezko ordeal?

Is that why, instead of trying to ignore or hide from the scrutiny over Rev. Wright, he faced it openly and even wrote and delivered one of the most open, honest and insightful speeches on race in America?

But it was a good try, dbs. :hug:

He is the most insulated candidate in modern recorded history.
He didn't have a quarter of the scrutinty Hillary did; nor Sarah.

Rezko questions asked by his water carrying left wing media friends ? :lol: Give us a break.

C'mon Diemen 5 interviews from Conservatives, man up.

Also, Obama doesn't even know his dad. :eek:hno:

Furthurmore, he has an Oedipus complex w women-not knowing his own mom-dropped off at grand parents house to be raised. An aloof mom etc.. So keep his parents out of it. The guy hasn't even found himself -unlike McCain and Palin.

Look your guy's getting a pass-it will be a hollow victory for you guys, so accept it.

<>

I'm not calling you an imbecile. I'm just going to type the word.

Imbecile.

Not you, not referring to you. Nope. Just typing a word.

In modern recorded history?:lol: These three canidates are all completely different, Hillary came with a loaded past, and we're just getting to know Palin so of course she's going to get vetted very quickly... why is this so hard for some of you to understand?

Why does it have to be conservatives? Why is it anytime someone asks a question you don't like, you all whine "librul media"?

Do you really think what newspaper you read is a tough question? Come on! Look at what you are really whining about, I mean really look. What has Palin or McCain been asked that Obama hasn't?

Furthurmore, he has an Oedipus complex w women-not knowing his own mom-dropped off at grand parents house to be raised. An aloof mom etc.. So keep his parents out of it. The guy hasn't even found himself -unlike McCain and Palin.

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Rezko questions asked by his water carrying left wing media friends ?

You cannot possibly be that stupid to equate a lengthy question and answer session, where he manned up and answered tough questions, with some friendly get together. At least try to have an intelligent conversation, would you?

I think he'd do just fine. If Palin were to get 5 interviews from liberals she'd kill the McCain campaign.

Just what the hell is this supposed to mean? How does that have any bearing on this election or Obama's capability? Do you even know what an Oedipus complex is?

You know, I don't know why I try and give you a pass and treat your opinion like it's been formed through rational analysis of the facts, when you inevitably spout stupid crap like this that just confirms that you just like to stir shit. When it comes to rational discussion you're like a kid among adults - trying too hard to make an impression and unaware of what that impression is.

Furthurmore, he has an Oedipus complex w women-not knowing his own mom-dropped off at grand parents house to be raised. An aloof mom etc.. So keep his parents out of it.

He wants to fuck his mother - is that what you're saying?

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is, and how irrational you sound, making it? I don't think you have any idea what it means, because if you do, dude, that's disturbing.

I understand feeling disappointed that your ship is sinking, but why lash out at the other side with unfounded, and quite frankly, statements that make you look a little nuts?

There, there, calm down. :hug:

Rezko questions asked by his water carrying left wing media friends ? :lol: Give us a break.

Look your guy's getting a pass-it will be a hollow victory for you guys, so accept it.

<>

Why haven't you been banned yet?

No, I don't think we should have one continuous thread for all four debates. People would keep bringing in their unfinished business from arguments over earlier debates, and it would detract from focusing on the present one. This thread is starting to rot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom