With or without you ZOOTV solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
People could u please post the guitar solo Edge played on zootv , when he still played it with his black strat, u know it's the end of the song , before Bono comes with "We'll shine like stars...."

:huh: Dude , the only leg Edge played WOWY with a LP it was zoomerang . Listen to the so famous bootleg of zooeuropa , which is the last concert of Zooropa , and Edge is still playing with the Strat , only in the last 10 concerts of Zootv he was playing with it coz he was playing 2 zooropa tunes in the encore , which was with the LP and since LIB was also played with it , he decided to not change guitar . Remember the video of sydney is one these last 10 concerts.

Here from Stockholm concert

PDVD_071.jpg

PDVD_081.jpg

And that's the moment I want a tab of , the zoo solo

PDVD_085.jpg

PDVD_089.jpg

i just watched the stockholm performance -- i don't have my guitar, but the solo seems improvised, and pretty basic. . . i bet you could figure it out

Can someone post that solo ? I would try to tab it, but I have not got the track.
I like the solo from R&H which I can play and tab it.

no, rattle and hum had
strummind of d chord,then that part that we all know:
e----10--10---10---10---10-----------
b--8----8----8----8----8------7--------
g-------------------------------------0---
d----------------------------------0------after few times this

e--10--
b-8----- fast and many times

e----17-17-few times--15-15-15-15-13-12-10-
b-15---------------------------------------------------

then again first part and

e----17--17-19-17-19--------------17-19-17-19-17-19-
b-15----------------------few times-------------------------

Of course that guitar isn't eadgbe, not sure how it is.

i just d/l that concert:

jesus christ, that solo is FUCKING EASY!!!!!!!!!!!

if you cant figure that out, go back to the guitar books!

:drunk:

well, this is what i came up with after like 2 min

e--15-14-10-10-12-10-12--15-14-10-10-----10-12
b--------------------------------------------------12

e-15-14-10-10-12-14-15-14-15-17-17---17-17-----17-17 etc etc
b------------------------------------------------15--------15

not 100%, but pretty damn close

sorry for the drunken outburst BTW :lol:

Last edited:
I knew that it was like Fly's solo , I guess everybody noticed it , but since my ears are still in poor in like tabbing songs and stuff like , couldn't do it ...... :reject:

Yeah that's true , I wonder how did Edge came up with that solo , was like something he had really planned to change the end of wowy , or was like something that just came up with like , in a soundcheck testing some sounds and for accident realizing that he could experiment with that sound .

can anyone tell me how to achieve the sustained harmonic/feedback sound at the begining of the song?

sligo U2 fan said:
its done with a bow isnt it??:ohmy:

I have seen refrences to something called an E-bow....however I don't ever recall seeing him using one of those at a live show....anyone have pictures?

mattgerth said:

I have seen refrences to something called an E-bow....however I don't ever recall seeing him using one of those at a live show....anyone have pictures?

zootv vhs (soon to be dvd :drool: ) with or without you first part of the song, sorry i cant get a screen cap - maybe someone else could

sligo U2 fan said:
its done with a bow isnt it??:ohmy:

When it was played in the last 10 ZOOTV shows , the Zoomerang shows , which he played it with the Les Paul Custom

Back
Top Bottom