White Precision Bass? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 05:32 AM
I'd like to start a tribute band too but there is NO ONE near, not even an hour or two away really (that's as far as I'd drive to do this), that is into U2. I'm more interested in an original band than a U2 tribute band but I've always imagined a tribute band would be fun. Perhaps if my shot at a career as an original artist fails I could take up the tribute band thing. Getting a drummer for them is tough. Guitarists are easy, vocalists just a bit tougher, and bassists are... well IDK how tough U2 bassists are to find. There's a few out there for sure.

theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #42
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
I'd like to start a tribute band too but there is NO ONE near, not even an hour or two away really (that's as far as I'd drive to do this), that is into U2. I'm more interested in an original band than a U2 tribute band but I've always imagined a tribute band would be fun. Perhaps if my shot at a career as an original artist fails I could take up the tribute band thing. Getting a drummer for them is tough. Guitarists are easy, vocalists just a bit tougher, and bassists are... well IDK how tough U2 bassists are to find. There's a few out there for sure.
I would love to do a tribute band with ya The younger generation like us can take over when the current generation of tribute bands stops/discontinues

animeavalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeavalanche View Post
I would love to do a tribute band with ya The younger generation like us can take over when the current generation of tribute bands stops/discontinues
Yeah definitely! Just need to find a drummer and singer. Btw I'll be finishing off our collaboration cover of The Fly soon. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do about drumming. I can probably play that drum part.
theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #44
Refugee

Cant wait to see that!
breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #45
The Fly

Oh I'm quite excited about that. I love playing U2 bass covers and putting them on YT, even if they don't get a lot of hits, I know people enjoy them

And breathe, is that Edge playing Adam's purple Precision? From Moncton, I assume?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #46
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeavalanche
Oh I'm quite excited about that. I love playing U2 bass covers and putting them on YT, even if they don't get a lot of hits, I know people enjoy them

And breathe, is that Edge playing Adam's purple Precision? From Moncton, I assume?
Yes sir it is!!! I can't get enough of that pic!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #47
The Fly

Since equipment was being mentioned a page ago or so, here is what I'll be getting soon

I should have it fully paid off in the next 2 weeks, and I will have a local friend of mine build me a neck with block inlays (sadly no matching headstock) making the total cost with all of the hardware/installation/etc costing right around $1000
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #48
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeavalanche
Since equipment was being mentioned a page ago or so, here is what I'll be getting soon

I should have it fully paid off in the next 2 weeks, and I will have a local friend of mine build me a neck with block inlays (sadly no matching headstock) making the total cost with all of the hardware/installation/etc costing right around $1000
Wow that's great I have a strat like that.....are you trying to make it look like Adams?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #49
The Fly

indeed i am