which delay pedal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgey steve

Babyface
I'm looking to up grade my delay pedal, currently Echo Park Line 6. I'm interested in the Boss DD20 - does anybody use this and does it include an option for 2 different delay settings at the same time as on With or Without You.

The other option is the Nova Delay but I don't think this has the 2 delay option. So do I buy the Nova Delay and still use the Echo Park to get the dual delay dunction or go with the DD20? Any advice welcome on which set up would give the best sound.

Dude, the Nova DOES have a two delay option. It's stereo and allows you to send a different delay setting to each channel. It even has three different settings for it. And FYI it even comes with a U2 preset.

While I've only tried the DD-20 and its passable its not my thing. More options then the Nova but not as good. It seems stingy on the digital modulation delay. And not as much potential for sonic abuse as the Line 6 DL-4

Thanks for this, I will try and find somewhere to try the Nova before buying. I will still keep the Line 6 on the board as it does give fantastic sound especially on the modulated settings and I can use it as stereo although I don't believe that it is true stereo, just mono to left and right but split between back line and front of house gives a massive sound for us live.

I posted earlier looking for a backing track of WTSHNN intro to use live - any ideas where to get one?

And you should do well to keep your Echo Park. I used it myself until recently, until I got a DL-4. And I still would have kept it on my board if it weren't for lack of space. It's a highly underrated pedal that can do some cool stuff.

As for a WTSHNN intro track, I don't know. Maybe you can chop it off the beginning of one of the existing backing tracks. And there is always the DIY option. Not a very popular answer probably as it involves a lot of work. But if you can do it yourself, you can do exactly like you want it to. Make it as long or as short as possible. Or have somebody else play it live. It's not exactly Beethoven. With some practice it can be done. The bass player or the singer would be the ideal candidates as they come in relatively late.

Back
Top Bottom