Where The Streets Have No Name Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngusSlash

Babyface
Can someone help me to get the sound of where the streets have no name??? it doesnt sound like the normal sound of a guitar it sounds different. Please help me. i have a boss me50

I don't know if that has amp models or not, if it does choose the AC30 if it has it.

The main thing is the delay. I'm not sure what ms setting to put that on, but I'm sure you can google the Streets BPM and then figure out the dotted-eigth delays.

dont worry 7cs :)
yes, it is 352bpm (if i remember rightly) modulated delay, 3-4 fading repeats. pick using the rasied area of the picks (use herdim or herco picks for this - it is crucial!), gauge 11 strings also help (edge used rotosounds i think), and for the amp, one that has a top boost is best (Laney VC30, Vox AC30). On a ME-50, id just try and get the delay in time and use the raised area picks and you'll have a passable attempt. hope that helps.

Streets Sounds

Hi There

Just returned to this forum after 4 years away.

Been emulating Edge for 24 years!

To add to what others have suggested...

The ideal sound comes from a Vox AC30, TC Electronc 2290 delay with modulation, reverdb and a large head 70's Strat set on bridge and middle pickups. Quite right about the Herdim or Herco 'rough' pickups and heavyish strings. Edge plays this song half a tone below the usual 440 pitch. The TC delay gives much of the Streets sound, however...

Without all that gear, just set any delay to 365ms (I seem to remember) with 4 strong repeats (feedback) add lots of chorus (modulation) and some reverb. A Vox emulator would help, and off you go!

Be prepared for an aching wrist!

By the way, you need the right fingering...frets 10 and 12 for the main riff

Used to play this alot in my Tribute Band...hope this helps

Advice from The Veg.
The definitive Edge emulator

Back
Top Bottom