whats your AMP like.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
i am going to get a marshall JCM dsl 50watt head and a nice cabnet to go with it. this is a tube am so i can kick some serious arss.i was going to get a 100 watt but that thing takes 4 tubes and that can cost some $ so ill stick with a 50 watt (only 2 tubes) and very power full.i have tried it at guitar center and man does it sound good.

right now i have a 30watt fender and a 25 watt samick that sucks ass.

so what do you power you guitar with?

oh and marshall is the best amp!
fender tube amp's are good too.
this is what the amp ill get looks like.
dsl50unit.jpg

Last edited:
i have a roland jazz chorus 120. superior clean sound. thats what i need it for most (i mostly play jazz). the distortion sucks, but i have a great marshall effect to compensate.

i also have a small session (30 watt).

what's my amp like?

broken.

i'm kidding, i don't have one...still only play acoustic

:wink:

I have a new Roland Cube-15 Watt practice amp,

and a Roland 30 Watt Session Jazz amp... something similar to Friar's I'd imagine.

Both produce great tone and volume for the small wattage they are... and they have totally different distortion sounds.

:up:

Fender Blues Jr., 15 watt Tube amp.

I dont like the sound it gives me at all. I want to sell it.

I play bass and have a very nice Ashdown ABM 300W head which runs into a 4 ohm Ampeg 4 x 10" cab rated at 400W. Sounds great, but the latter weighs a ton and I use it two times a weekend on average... The only thing I'd like to do is to replace the cab with a couple of smaller 8 ohm speakers (such as a pair of Ashdown mini 4 x 8" cabs, or one of those and a mini 1 x 15" cab) and use just one for smaller gigs and two for bigger ones, soley for the reason of saving my back. However my wife thinks I spend enough money on gear already so this probably not going to happen any time soon. BTW, the quality of any piece of gear is totally subjective, for example, Marshall are generally agreed to make great amps but I've never played one I wanted to own, I've always preferred and bought Fender guitar amps, and I have a soft spot for the Roland JC-120 as well. Not that this means that Marshall are no good, they're just not for me. And so on. However the Ashdown is without question the best bass amp I have ever played, well worth the money and I recommend it to anyone looking for a top amp. Oh, and Adam uses them, which incidentally is not the reason I bought it, but that sort of thing might go a long way with some of the readership here.

Mick

I am not going to get that amp (see picture above)jcm dsl 2000.

im now looking at older versions of marshall.

jcm800 baby. they were made in 81/ 87.

that will give me a led zeppelin and slash tone.

Back
Top Bottom