What's the last song you learnt on guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugo

Acrobat
thought I'd make this topic so we can get some idea of guitarists levels and they can keep updating .. see whether or not they challenge themselves (something im very guilty of not doing) But anyway I just spent 4 hours today (which should have been spent revising :p) learning The Killers Mr.Brightside, a song I thought I could never play as its got alot of stretching, though now my left hand is .. pretty sore and it's probably a light dose of RSI! I better lay off a while, I got all the parts learnt but havent quite mastered the transitions yet!

But anyway whether your playing polly wally doodle or steve vai post away!

Married with Children (Oasis)

Both rhythm AND bluesy/solo guitars

Great song for an acoustic duo!

bugo said:
thought I'd make this topic so we can get some idea of guitarists levels and they can keep updating .. see whether or not they challenge themselves (something im very guilty of not doing) But anyway I just spent 4 hours today (which should have been spent revising :p) learning The Killers Mr.Brightside, a song I thought I could never play as its got alot of stretching, though now my left hand is .. pretty sore and it's probably a light dose of RSI! I better lay off a while, I got all the parts learnt but havent quite mastered the transitions yet!

But anyway whether your playing polly wally doodle or steve vai post away!

I just gave a shot at Mr. Brightside also. The openning shapes are hard to change to, so I cheated by tuning a bit differently :wink:

I'm working on Love of my life by Santana right now, it's all easy except for the solo at the end...

this week I've been addicted to U2 - Gloria and October..

I'm learning Gloria on guitar right now and October on the piano :)
that Edge sure is talented

bugo said:
thought I'd make this topic so we can get some idea of guitarists levels and they can keep updating .. see whether or not they challenge themselves (something im very guilty of not doing)

haha, yes, sometimes i really need to keep pressing and learning new songs, even one new difficult song that you learn does wonders to your playing. it just gives you more ideas and different styles that add to your own personal style, especially when you're writing your own stuff. its the best thing a guitarist can do :up:

Yesterday, I learnt Zooropa. I played it with backing track. It is quite easy to play it, (a few riffs) but it is very difficult to get the sound similar to the Edge's.

I like this song very much even though I am not big fun of the album Zooropa.

Ok, in the last few days.....................

Breakfast at Tiffany's Deep Blue Something ( Love the wee cool solo bit)
Whiskey in The Jar Thin Lizzy
I'm a Believer The Monkees
Staring At The Sun U2
Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses U2
Losing My Religion REM
Man On The Moon REM
Don't Look Back in Anger Oasis
Live Forever Oasis
Cannonball by Damien Rice
Star Star by the Frames
Lola by The Kinks

Really I've decided to busk and you need instantly recognisible songs to play, instead of my own no matter how good I think they are, I'm not that good but entertaining which is a plus:wink:

I`ve finally got the sound of "Until The End Of The World" and "The Fly". It sounds quiet similar to The Edge version with a Zoom II 505 pedal. :wink:

But to play identical like The Edge is impossible. :drool:

The sound of Edge in full flight as we all should agree is quite possibly one of the hardest things to recreate ever on a guitar unfortunately for us:|

The last song I learned to play (yesterday) was Heartland.

Beautiful, yet so simple - the hallmark of Mr. Edge.

i just got a load of chili peppers song books so i'm whizzing through that at the minute. I'v gotten hysteria, stockholm syndrome and thoughts of a dying athesist by muse and i'm starting to get through HTDAAB

Last song I learned? Hmm.. probably Original of the Species.

Lately I've absolutely hated learning other peoples stuff for some reason, which is good because I've been focusing my energy on writing my own songs :up:

Until the End of the World- I've got most of the song, minus the solo. That modulation makes it tricky to pick up exactly what he's playing.

luchitox said:
I`ve finally got the sound of "Until The End Of The World" and "The Fly". It sounds quiet similar to The Edge version with a Zoom II 505 pedal. :wink:

But to play identical like The Edge is impossible. :drool:

I have that effect pedal and I can't get anything close to UTEOTW, what effects or patch did u use?

Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix
There She Goes by The La's
Yahweh Acoustic by U2
Fake by The Frames

Other than that I've been writing my own stuff and learning to play the Harmonica:wink:

A Sort of Homecoming Live from The UF era on guitar and Running to a Stand Still on the piano.

UTTEOTW
Is one of the easiest u2 songs to play keep with it.
I cant solo to Save my life but i can pull that one off.
So if I can anyone can!!

Last song I learned Andy youre a star by The Killers
Cant get the tone tho but its great to play.

By the way MR Brightside is tough Hats off to you Dude!!

Any one that is interested Andy youre a star needs Capo on fourth fret. Play an A minor shape and go from there.

U2phan said:
yellow by coldplay also

If playing the accoustic part are you detuning your high E string
a semitone?

If not try it! that is the way it is played what a difference it makes

Then play the E shape without barring it at positons B F# and E

Lovely!

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom