What's going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budgetedge

The Fly
Hi I'd appreciate some advice.

When I play my U2 patches through headphones on the pod xt live, I'll have the expression pedal set fairly low as I jam at night. When I turn the expression up the patches sound bad. even the through the headphones they sound very distorted and have more 'drive' etc.
I'm i being stupid or is there a very simple answer? Should I set me level when the expression pedal is all the way up then work down?

If you set your effects for one level (low), they will sound different at full volume.

Example? Play with just guitar, overdrive and amp. Play at a lower volume on the guitar and set to a desirable tone. If you then turn the guitar up (or the amp up), it will overdrive more.

Ok thanks again. I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure. Suppose that's the advantage of having a volume pedal so I can avoid blowing the amp/sound. Is it right that edge and edge wannabes have a standard setting for all songs? That the ac 30 is set with drive, treble Eric and then the different effects are added? Sorry for so many questions! Cheers again

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Are you sure the expression pedal is not set up for drive instead of volume? I use headphones All the time and you should be hearing your Patches clear with expression pedal at halfway or full.you can set the expression pedal to bring certain effects in like more reverb more overdrive more delay etc

most people set there Amps up to a base Sound your bass/mid/treble/master volume Then work there effects thru it.i set my AC15 just at breaking point 'Semi Clean' then add
All my effects. .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom