what zeppelin songs can you play..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ok i love u2 but right now led zeppelin is my no.1 band.
i love to play zep songs ex. baby im gonna leave you, black dog, trampled under-foot, kashmir, over the hillls and far away, no quarter, whole lotta love(with solo),rock and roll and the mother or all rock songs stairway to heaven(with solo). and more.
i was at guitar center and played this song and got alot of looks.this guy who was sitting like 5 feet away from me was also playing and smiled and said, never play stair way at guitar center and then he said its a hard song to play he was also jaming out. this other dude also said it sounded great. i know bunch of people there and they love u2 they even play the boston elevation dvd there.ok now what songs do you play:)(zep songs)

I'm going hardcore Zep at the moment... working my way through Stairway and Led Zeppelin I songs. But, I'm just entering the "intermediate" stage of guitar playing... today I went and picked up an amp and tried out some electrics; I played the intro to Stairway, and contrary to what a lot of people think, salesmen love it when you go Page on a new guitar. It was fun. When I become a little more advanced, I'll try out the solo... (just playing the chords during the solo work for me though)

Cujo, I went to a Mars Music Center once, and I honestly heard 8 different people playing Stairway while I was there.

I had fond memories of Waynes World. I wish I would have had a sign that said "No Stairway" on it.

I forced myself to NOT play Stairway while I was there. "Stairway denied" indeed.

Stairway Denied... no two words are more disappointing.

shaun vox said:
ok now what songs do you play

Would you recommend any zep songs that are for intermediates? Do any exist? :wink:

MrBrau1 said:
Your Time is Gonna Come.

:up:

I've started workin on that tab... abandoned Whole Lotta Love after it sounded like a whole lotta crap on my acoustic (maybe it's just me)...

hahahaha, "Whole Lotta Crap". Funny stuff.

Honestly, Led Zeppelin is about as good as it gets for guitar oriented music. Their electric stuff is as rocking as it comes, and their acoustic stuff is all just phenomenal. Sometimes I forget how great of a band they are.

ok you can add Dazed and confused to my list.
sounds great when i reach the part,..

dan dan dan dadadada..
ok if you want to play an easy song try FRIENDS its a nice song.

I've got Stairway's intro down... and 50% of the solo down as well. I'm just having trouble synchronizing my muting with the timing of bending/releasing strings. I've got the essentials down, but polishing is another story indeed.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted or is adept at playing Kashmir... is there an ideal way to position your fingers to mute the D string... because when I play the main riff it has a very cluttered sound.

Velvet Revolver!

:wink:

yes my friend that is velvet revolver:yes: cant wait for the album and the fucking tour.(i live in la so i can stalk this band and slash:wink:)
i just learned how to play set me free (velvet revolver)
alot of guns n roses to, welcome to the jungle(i just go crazy when i play this on my les paul) sweet child of mine, double talkin jive, paradise city and snips of many more gnr.

for kashmir i mute the d string with my pinky which is on string A 5 fret. just push your pink down to damp it.

cujo said:
I've got Stairway's intro down... and 50% of the solo down as well. I'm just having trouble synchronizing my muting with the timing of bending/releasing strings. I've got the essentials down, but polishing is another story indeed.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted or is adept at playing Kashmir... is there an ideal way to position your fingers to mute the D string... because when I play the main riff it has a very cluttered sound.

Velvet Revolver!

:wink:

Liar

shaun vox said:
for kashmir i mute the d string with my pinky which is on string A 5 fret. just push your pink down to damp it.

I've been doing that for the most part, maybe I just need more practice.

As for GNR, I've attempted Sweet Child O'Mine... can do the intro pretty well. The timing for Paradise City's intro is giving me a little trouble... although it could just be my laziness.

:down:

Going to California :up:

PS- do you use the bow at all for your Dazed And Confused performance?

:sexywink:

Oh Cujo and Strato Edge, you and your bowfingers. :wink:

Strato Edge, your sig and avatar combo are awesome :up: Great stuff.

More Zep fans!!! funny thing...what got me started to play guitar was my love for zep, not u2...well i've been teaching myself guitar for a little over a year now, i can play Tangerine ( i can even belt out the lyrics), and that's about it. how sad... :( I play mostly acoustic. i haven't graduated to electric yet, although occasionaly i'll turn the amp up and fiddle around on the axe. I'm a little stuck as to progressing on the guitar, so please anybody want to give me some pointers?

u2deathbear

U2DeathBear said:
More Zep fans!!! funny thing...what got me started to play guitar was my love for zep, not u2...well i've been teaching myself guitar for a little over a year now, i can play Tangerine ( i can even belt out the lyrics), and that's about it. how sad... :( I play mostly acoustic. i haven't graduated to electric yet, although occasionaly i'll turn the amp up and fiddle around on the axe. I'm a little stuck as to progressing on the guitar, so please anybody want to give me some pointers?

u2deathbear

I'll be vulnerable and expose my na?vety, by saying there is no replacement for taking lessons. No matter how much you progress with self-motivated study, most often you will find that your play is sloppier and less polished than those who have taken instruction.

It is actually more affordable than most make it out to be, and it allows you to develop an ear for things... it will progress you much faster, and you'll find it to be well worth it in the long run. Especially if you are interested in Zeppelin style music, with extended solos and such. You may learn the notes independently, but you'll find it hard to recreate the sonic subtleties... where you're more prone to having open strings ring out. Not a big deal to a casual listener, but if you're serious take the initiative to do it right. Don't do it half-assed deathbear.

:sexywink:

Yes, scales.

Don't get me wrong, you can progress towards excellence in guitar through self-study of scales, chords, and blue's bars (depending on what genre you prefer)... but in my opinion, to get there with the fewest amount of road blocks and frustration... sign up.

Practice.

A lot.

Like right now.

You really shouldn't waste your time reading this.

Go.

man i think i know almost every zep song oh did i tell you all that i have a zep sticker on my ibanez guitar.
i think i have over listened zep songs, taking a short break but ill be back.

on a side not i have learned the, November Rain solo yes people all three parts yes the end kick ass part too.

wake up time to dieeeeeeee. IM BACK.:yes:

Sorry about your sig there... I think the site is down.

Try www.stryder.de for a replacement if you so desire.

There's a section in small font on the righthand side called Animated Gifs. Be prepared for some ugly ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom