What stompboxes did The Edge use during the Elevation and Vertigo tours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HBK-79

War Child
Hey, everyone. This may have been discussed here before. But I’ve been trying to imitate The Edge’s shimmering, chiming treble sound. However, I don’t want to go for all the high-end gear that he uses. I just want to stick with regular brand-named stompboxes.

So I need to know from all the guitar experts here:

What F/X pedals did Edge use on stage during the Elevation and Vertigo tours? I’m mostly interested in the kinds of overdrive and delay that he used. I don’t know if Edge’s setup is primarily rack-based.

Did Edge lots of hard-clip distortion? Did he use both analog and digital delay? What did he use as a looper? Did he utilize true-bypass?

Does anybody know for sure? Thanks!

By the way- I don't rely too much on Wikipedia. I’d rather hear it from the experts themselves.

VERTIGO TOUR gear:
2004>2006 era - gear

ELEVATION tour gear:
Site Builder Guitar One - 2001

http://u2-atomic-edge.tripod.com/im...ust_2001-1.jpg&target=tlx_new&title=Courtesy: Guitar One - 2001

I have a more detailed list for Elevation, at home. (at work right now) I will post that soon.

Overdrive for Elevation was mostly the Ibanez Tubescreamer, EH Big Muff, Sobbat DB-1 Drivebreaker [New York], Rabb Fuzz (convertert Kay Fuzz components into wah housing) [Elevation]

Overdrive for Vertigo was similar with the addition of the rack Line 6 DMPro Distortion modeler.

Delays - Korg SDD3000 and TC Electronics 2290.

One of the most important, and cheapest, things to getting the Edge sound is to use the Herdim pic's, and use them upside-down. Hold the at the narrow end and strike the strings with the wide-end, where you would normally hold. The dimples of pic give a beautiful "edge" feel to it, no pun intended.

If you're on a budget and want to get the Edge's sound then get either a DigiTech RP250 or Vox Tonelab LE pedal and play it through a Vox AD30VT. I have the RP250 and I can get lots and lots of U2 sounds. Thou the Until the End of the World sound is proving difficult to nail.

follow this link where their are sound clips of with and without the Herdim pic.

A Study of The Edge's Guitar Delay (U2) -- Herdim Picks

VERTIGO TOUR gear:
2004>2006 era - gear

ELEVATION tour gear:

I have a more detailed list for Elevation, at home. (at work right now) I will post that soon.

Overdrive for Elevation was mostly the Ibanez Tubescreamer, EH Big Muff, Sobbat DB-1 Drivebreaker [New York], Rabb Fuzz (convertert Kay Fuzz components into wah housing) [Elevation]

Overdrive for Vertigo was similar with the addition of the rack Line 6 DMPro Distortion modeler.

Delays - Korg SDD3000 and TC Electronics 2290.

Do you have that more detailed list for the Elevation Tour?

Back
Top Bottom