What songs does the Edge use SD-1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darthhawk125

The Fly
So, I'm wondering what songs the SD-1 is utilized in. Im also wondering if the SD-1 with a strat could acheive a sound from Pride (in the name of love)??

btw, I kinda thought it weird for the Edge to soften up the guitar sound for pride in the recent days with the Vertigo tour and all. The album version sounds much more aggressive, not just becuase of multitracking, but jus has a stronger presensce, and the live version of Pride, however awesome as it is, sounds a bit empty without the zesty guitar sound and it also sounds buried underneath the mix.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
The SD-1 was his distortion on the Early U2 albums so most those song were. He now uses the TS-9.

As for Pride, on UF it was recorded on his Les Paul. Between that and the milti-tracks, that is likely why is sounds so much fatter.

I find it interesting that Edge has so many guitars and effects live because he like to use the same set up he had in the studio for each song. However he uses the the Strat for Pride?

There are a few other songs that are like this too.

with the FA-1 though you can easily EQ it to make a Strat sound thicker like a Les Paul or Vice Versa, not sure if that is what he is doing but it has worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom