What is the easiest U2 song to learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
Besides AIWIY for guitar,what do you guys think is the easiest song to learn for beginners and pro`s:wink:
cause i have friends i`m trying to teach and they want to know...
Thanx.

Desire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Pride, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, In A Little While ;)

not so much the technicality (is that a word? :huh: ) of the guitar playing. its the effects that make most songs a bit difficult to play.
desire, sbs, iwf, aoh and vertigo are among the easiest to play with regards to effects.

All of the above mentioned songs (SBS, Vertigo, etc.) are actually pretty tricky when you're just learning. AIWIY is really easy, as is Running to Standstill. Yahweh is pretty easy as well, as long as you can play an F chord. Desire has easy chords but the rhythm is tough. If you can play barre chords, Stay is pretty easy. Angel of Harlem is pretty good acoustically (again you need to be able to play F), and so is Staring at the Sun. That's my two cents, anyway.

Can I ask, how long roughly does it take to be ableto play guitar well enough to attempt a proper U2 song? I mean, I'm just about to start teaching myself how to play with my acoustic, and I just wondered how long it took everyone to be able to play half decent, like play all the chords without looking, hehe.

:wink: it took me about two weeks to learn SBS completely, and that was with playing it a few times that week, so I don't think it takes you long.. I can now play it blind :D

Acoustically, Party Girl is simple, as is Stay. I simplify Stuck in a Moment to mostly four chords when I play it acoustically.

any song that bono plays guitar in is easy:wink:

so that is: ISHFWILF, With Or Without You, RTSS, In Gods country, Hawkmoon 269, All along the watchtower, silver and gold, angel of harlem, love rescue me, when love comes to town[easiet u2 song ever... 2 chords!], all i want is you, one, WGRYWH, the fly, dirty day, staring at the sun, last night on earth, wake up dead man, beautiful day, walk on, wild honey, kite, SYCMIOYO, yahweh...

and i will follow and peace on earth is easy as well

chickadee said:
Can I ask, how long roughly does it take to be ableto play guitar well enough to attempt a proper U2 song? I mean, I'm just about to start teaching myself how to play with my acoustic, and I just wondered how long it took everyone to be able to play half decent, like play all the chords without looking, hehe.

hey i picked the guitar up when i was about 11 and i took me about 4-6 months to master all chords and a year to strum properly

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom