what era is the hardest to recreate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
What era is the hardest to recreate in terms of style, playing, guitar effects, etc....

i'd say Achtung Zooropa or Pop

Def. Pop because all of those crazy mixing and effects...

Zooropa 2nd, because they were messing around with effects that are hard to recreate..

Then Achtung 3rd...because a lot of the songs were mostly not just delays...

Anything else is mostly distortion and delays..

I would also say POP because of effects. Concerning playing techniques some song from UF like, Wire, Unforgettable Fire, Indian Summer Sky 4thJuly are very difficult to play.

POP but only because of the stuff that was done to it afterwards. In terms of actual playing Zooropa.

Pop and Zooropa are the hardes to recreate convincigly. My favorites to recreate/play are definitely the Boy and Bomb eras. They're simmilar, as far as the guitar riffs and effects go.

The two sounds I find hardest to recreate are, without a doubt, Mysterious Ways and City of Blinding Lights, M.Ways because I don't have a Korg A3 so I have to figure out the entire chain using other effects boxes, and City of Blinding lights (Just un general, how the hell does edge get such a loud slide? Whenever I use a slide the volume drops by about half, thanks to the close action on my Les Paul >_<)

hatrickpatrick said:
The two sounds I find hardest to recreate are, without a doubt, Mysterious Ways and City of Blinding Lights, M.Ways because I don't have a Korg A3 so I have to figure out the entire chain using other effects boxes, and City of Blinding lights (Just un general, how the hell does edge get such a loud slide? Whenever I use a slide the volume drops by about half, thanks to the close action on my Les Paul >_<)
lil thing called compression :wink:

Back
Top Bottom