What does Edge uses for effects these days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muad'zin

Refugee
What does Edge's Twin Effects Towers contain these days?. I have a nice pic of Elevation where you can see 3 Korg SDD3000's , 4 TC 2290's, 2 Pod Pro's, an AMS harmonizer and an Eventide harmonizer and a bunch of other stuff I still don't recognize. So whats new and whats out in his twin towers?

mmm, thankfully he just uses it on +1 octave and none of that Brian May crap...

I kinda like Brian Mayesque or Iron Maidenesque guitar harmonies. I'd put guitar harmonies in every song I wrote if I could. It seems a bit wastefull to have 3 harmonizers in your rack and only use it for shimmer. Then again, the man can afford it.

I know the TC 2290 and the SDD-3000 as outstanding delays, unfortunately out of production. Like all the good stuff these days. But what does the Lexicon PCM and Korg A3 do and for which songs does he use them?

am22884 said:
For the shimmer effect on songs like SYCMIOYO, AIWIY, WOWY among others

Actually the shimmer effect is usually the AMS units. He does use the Cryatal Echos patch for SYCMIOYO on the Eventide.

It is also used for the high pitched part on Beautiful Day right before the bridge.

I was also used for the beginning of UTEOTW on the Elevation tour.

Muad'zin said:
I kinda like Brian Mayesque or Iron Maidenesque guitar harmonies. I'd put guitar harmonies in every song I wrote if I could. It seems a bit wastefull to have 3 harmonizers in your rack and only use it for shimmer. Then again, the man can afford it.

I know the TC 2290 and the SDD-3000 as outstanding delays, unfortunately out of production. Like all the good stuff these days. But what does the Lexicon PCM and Korg A3 do and for which songs does he use them?

The Lexicons are used for reverb.

The A3 is a multi-fx unit used for The Fly and Mysterious Ways.

gareth brown said:
mmm, thankfully he just uses it on +1 octave and none of that Brian May crap...

That "Brian May crap" is some of the best guitar playing in history, IMO. But it wouldn't really fit in U2's music.

Back
Top Bottom