What Do You Think Of The Name??? U2opia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocksinger

Babyface
Hi all, My Name Is Lee.
As I said when I into'd me sen in the intro page I am the vocalist for a new U2 tribute band in Hull E Yorkshire, England.
Now I do want to explain a couple of things first so you know where we are coming from.
I don't look like Bono, and I don’t sound like Bono, and im not gunna try and sound like Bono, cos in my opinion you either are!! Or your not!!!
On the other hand the band DO sound like U2 (musical content I mean) I am I think good enough to give a great rendition of the tracks that we are choosing with my own vocal tone being the key.
But to the question at hand.
What do you think of the name U2OPIA?????????
:rockon: :yikes:

Last edited:
Sounds great. Very good thing in my eyes that you are not trying to sound like Bono. A lot of tribute bands sound rubbish because their singer is trying to imitate Bono, as he sounds on the album version. You should sing it yourself, very good thing. :)

utopia-logo-gif.gif

What you think???

That's really cool. And I like how you won't change your voice to sound like Bono - :up: best of luck with the band!

I don´t think you have to sound like Bono to be a good tribute singer. After all, there was that all girl U2 tribute band, Exit, and naturally the singer didn´t sound anything like him. If your voice is good, still fits the music and you act like you own the stage you should be alright.

Like the name!

Caroni said:
I loved the logo!

Do you play your own material too ???

To be honest, ive spoken to the band regarding our own material, but I think its a hard enough job becoming a SOLID unit and getting your sound tight, a wise old man once said” Learn to walk before you try to run".
Getting to know each other as musicians is so much more important at the minute; I imagine the original material will flow when it’s ready.

But Hey thanks all for the feedback, lovin it KEEP IT COMMING.
:larry: :bono: :adam: :edge:

The name is decent. In fact, it really is great considering the ambiguity of the origin of U2. The greatness comes in with exactly what Headahce mentioned - how to pronounce it.

However, that logo/graphic is whack. It's totally dated (it looks like it belongs on a geocities website circa 1998). Sorry to be harsh, but I'm trying to be totally honest. Try to make it more simple (and NOT THAT IMAGE, the logo/ visible representation as a whole).

Best of luck to you guys, hopefully you post videos on youtube or something!

pacemaker said:
The name is decent. In fact, it really is great considering the ambiguity of the origin of U2. The greatness comes in with exactly what Headahce mentioned - how to pronounce it.

However, that logo/graphic is whack. It's totally dated (it looks like it belongs on a geocities website circa 1998). Sorry to be harsh, but I'm trying to be totally honest. Try to make it more simple (and NOT THAT IMAGE, the logo/ visible representation as a whole).

Best of luck to you guys, hopefully you post videos on youtube or something!
Fantastic, thanks so much for your feedback, Check out the website for the new version of the log and let me know what you think,
U2OPIA.INFO
Reguarding the question how to pronounce it well We are hoping it will be pronounced as the original utopia,
Only the play on words would have it pronounced, (YOU-TWO-PIA)hope this clearers it up for you.

Keep it comming please.

Back
Top Bottom