Vox AC30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey guys! what can you tell me about this:

Vox AC30VR Valve Reactor 2x12 Guitar Combo Amp ac30 | eBay

I'm sure Edge_Orchestra can give me some good advice on whether or not this is a good purchase.:wave:

It depends on the amount of quality you want. If it's a beginner tube amp, then sure, it's decent. Not necessarily good, but you get what you pay for. In my opinion, if you've currently got an amp you can play through, it's better to save a little more and get something a little better. I would take one of the tweed Fender Blues Jr amps over that, personally. You'd get a better sound for sure and you could find one for only $100 more.

I'd wait for an actual AC30 or buy an AC15CC, Blues Jr, or even buy an AC4.

As rightly suggested, it first depends what it is you want and more importantly: Where do you wanna play it?! If it is for home usage and you've got neighbors within a miles radius, an AC30 is probably the worst choice to go with because you can't move past 1/100th of the volume knob without getting abused. Also, you're then missing out on the typical Vox crunch you get when cranked up. In that case, you're better off with an AC4.

Fender Blues Jr is also a great choice, also for home usage (although 15W are still very very loud!!!).

For the wattage, attenuators are your friend. Weber's miniMASS is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom