Vox AC30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadmac81

The Fly
Thanks to all you guys who helped in the "need amp opinions" thread. I went out with my list of amps to try and fell in love with the Vox AC30 so i bought it. The only gripe i have with it is that you can't switch between clean and dirty with a footswitch. Or can you?

great amp

You can switch between the normal and top boost channels with a footswitch. Use an A/B box for that. Or even an A/B/Y box.

Depending on what you have the channels set for you'll get a couple of different tones.

Really? it comes with an A/B box but all i seem to have control of is Tremolo and Reverb. If anyone knows how i'd love to know.

the box that came with your amp does SAY A and B..... but it's not an A/B box. It's intended to turn on the reverb and tremolo.

Get a box that has three jacks and a switch. Morley make one for example. The Common jack is where you'll plug in your guitar. The Jacks marked A and B each will go to one of the inputs of the amp. When you stomp the switch the box will change and send your guitar signal to the other channel of the amp. The same as if you'd unplugged the cable and replugged into the other side.

Back
Top Bottom