"VERTIGO" - Tribute band from Chicago...any info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Can anyone tell me about these guys? Their website bio's aren't up yet & I've never heard of them before.

They'll be playing a free concert here in Wilmington on 8/11 & I'm wondering if they'll be worth the trouble of downtown's limited parking, the stifling August heat & humidity, & the almost guaranteed existence of some obnoxious drunks. :drunk: :hmm:

Thanks in advance for any info! :up: :D

Hi,

I'm Vertigo's webmaster/sound tech/bellydancer. Of course I'll say that Vertigo is totally worth seeing hehe. We just played at Chicago's Navy Pier last night to more than 500 people and everyone loved the band.

I'm currently in the process of launching a new website. I hope to have it up later tonight. If not it will definately be up tomorrow. It will have bios and bunch of other stuff that wasn't on the old site.

Hopefully that will help in your decision.

B

Sweet! (Except for that part about you belly-dancing.... I've just eaten, dude. :yuck: :lmao: )

As far as your bias towards the band, I would expect that considering your position with the band. :up: :D But how long have they been playing? How long have they been together as "Vertigo"? And will you be making the NC trip with them? My husband and I would love to try & meet up with you guys - we're always happy to meet real, live U2 fans since we come across them in the flesh so rarely. :sad:

BluRmGrl said:
Sweet! (Except for that part about you belly-dancing.... I've just eaten, dude. :yuck: :lmao: )

Well fyi (I may have taken it the wrong way) I'm not a dude but a chick hehe. My avatar might confuse you, its not a pic of me but Mike Mills of REM. So I don't know if you have an issue with belly dancing chicks hehe.

As far as your bias towards the band, I would expect that considering your position with the band. :up: :D But how long have they been playing? How long have they been together as "Vertigo"? And will you be making the NC trip with them? My husband and I would love to try & meet up with you guys - we're always happy to meet real, live U2 fans since we come across them in the flesh so rarely. :sad:

The band has been together for about 17 months. They travel all over the place and did about 12 U2 concert pre shows with ETS, U2's tour operator including shows in Monterrey and Mexico City. This will be the band's 3rd trip to NC, so I think that says something. I usually do travel with the band and I will be going on this trip. Greg the guitarist from the band is also a huge U2 fan and has done U2 tribute's since 86. He left another U2 tribute band to form Vertigo.

1) :yikes: Beezd: My humble apologies... I made an assumption and it just bit me in the ass. I couldn't tell who the guy was in your avatar was & thought it was a silly self-portrait. :reject: And now I'm betting you just can't wait to meet the chick from Wilmington who insulted you. :rolleyes: :lmao:

2) eep: :up: Thanks for the review. It is greatly appreciated.

3) neutral: Thanks for the confession - at least I'm not alone in my wrongness. :lol:

All joking aside, now I'm really getting excited. I don't remember another U2 trib band EVER playing here in Wilmington (although it's possible - I'm not into the local bar scene). Since I don't come across many U2 fans here in Wilmington, I'm looking forward to the lurkers I might get to meet! :D

Beezd, if you want to email me for any local info you guys may need (directions, good eats, whatever) my email is: agrv8shn@hotmail.com. Looking forward to expanding my list of U2/Interference acquaintances! :wave:

BluRmGrl said:
1) :yikes: Beezd: My humble apologies... I made an assumption and it just bit me in the ass. I couldn't tell who the guy was in your avatar was & thought it was a silly self-portrait. :reject: And now I'm betting you just can't wait to meet the chick from Wilmington who insulted you. :rolleyes: :lmao:

2) eep: :up: Thanks for the review. It is greatly appreciated.

3) neutral: Thanks for the confession - at least I'm not alone in my wrongness. :lol:

All joking aside, now I'm really getting excited. I don't remember another U2 trib band EVER playing here in Wilmington (although it's possible - I'm not into the local bar scene). Since I don't come across many U2 fans here in Wilmington, I'm looking forward to the lurkers I might get to meet! :D

Beezd, if you want to email me for any local info you guys may need (directions, good eats, whatever) my email is: agrv8shn@hotmail.com. Looking forward to expanding my list of U2/Interference acquaintances! :wave:

No worries hehe. For usuing an REM related avatar on a U2 site, I'm just as much at fault hehe. And I'll probablly take you up on your offer. I've been to Raleigh but not Wilmington. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

B

Wilmington has it's charms - I just hope you can see past the STINKIN' HUMIDITY to find them. :mad: As hot-natured as I am, I sometimes wonder why I didn't leave here years ago & relocate to some remote peak in the Rockies! :laugh:

Anyway, B - the offer was sincere & I'm a lifelong resident, so I know my way around pretty well. :wink: Just let me know if there's anything I can help you out with.

Looking forward to seeing you... and the 'real' guys. :D

I would love to see Vertigo. Im from MA so its kind of tough for me. I do know Greg aka Gredge and he is a class act..super nice guy. Hopefully soon I can somehow come out see the band

Mick

Back
Top Bottom