Vertigo Effects Chain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourmetwater

Babyface
Does anyone know what distortion edge is useing on Vertgo. I have some vintage vox amps and it sounds great, but I heard his Saturday Night Live Performance, and I think I hear a distortion/overdrive pedal.
Any Ideas?
Thanks-RJ

i think that he uses a fender amp, meybe a blues junior, and the distorsion is a tube overdrive. The modulation effect is a univibe in some parts with a delay.

telecaster bridge+tubeoverdrive+(univibe)+(delay)+Fender amp+reverb

the Edge used the Line 6 DM4 exclusively during the recording of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. Line 6 made Edge a custom rack mounted DM4, which Edge uses for a bunch of the new tracks like Vertigo, All Because of You, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, etc. the DM4 models 10 different distortion pedals (i think). it's the best distortion pedal i've ever used.

not so sure about the univibe for Vertigo, it's most likely modulation delay.

The DM4 has some good tones but it suffers from being a pedal. I want the rack version! :drool:
We should lay siege to the Line6 factories so they will release the rack version to us lesser mortals. And preferably the rack versions of the delay, filter and mod pro as well. Whoever decided they should be discontinued should be impaled, then shot!

Back
Top Bottom