vertigo delay and sunday bloody sunday??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOU

The Fly
i´m looking for a good time (ms) for the delay of vertigoy uses a echo delay, i think that tempo its abaut 140bpm and the delay it´s abaut 3/4, feedback could be abaut 20% and mix at 35%. is it oK?. There are another modulation effect in this song??

Another questión, Sunday bloody sunday i use a echo dealy, tempo 110bpm and time 410ms, the feedback its abaut 20% and mix abaut 40% it with a litle modulation of chorus in the delay.

What do you think?

no delay for bloody sunday? and what type of effect uses the edge?

For SBS he probably uses some moderate overdrive r distortion. Not much from the sound of it.

Is there even delay in Vertigo as well? The only parts that seem likely is the solo and four measures prior to the bridge. The rest sounds pretty devoid of delay.

For sunday bloody sunday i uses delay in all the song.
For vertigo i uses it only in the parts that you say, but i think that he uses another another effect like a uvibe, could be??

on the Vertigo tour sunday B sunday is 43ms

zoo tv tour Edge used a longer delay
sumthing around 460ms for Sunday

popmart tour very low mix delay with
Les paul (just the Edge)

and the song Vertigo is 440ms you can see this
on his TC2290;-)
the delay just kicks in on certain
parts

hope that helps

BB

thank you very much, and what abaut the distorsion, maybe two differents distorsions for vertigo?

Yeah, at least it sure sounds that way.
The clean guitar bits sounds like his normal tone, with a hint of distortion to bring the sound up to the rest of the song.

I don't know any presets or anything though, sorry.

theAtomic said:
Thanks BB Mac.

I wander how do you find out this short delay times, like 43 ms ?

if you're close enough, you can read them off of Edge's rack . . . there are a few people who have made guides from the Vertigo tour about Edge's delay times.

Back
Top Bottom