Variax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
Hey guys, can you please post some pictures of the Line 6 Variax? I can't really see a view of what they really look like..

Thank you

Here are a couple of pic of my Variax 700 acoustic. I have it customized to look like Edge's Variax he uses for LAPOE.

d369f457.jpg

22a5b986.jpg

that's so cool! how did you get you guitar have the sparkling like the Edge's does?

I don't know anything about GC Pro so do you use a GC pro looping system? I'm thinking about getting a foot controller with a looping system but i can't find a looping system anywhere except for ebay, and I could only find Bradshaw ones..

I also have the GC Pro and the GCX. Good stuff with easy to follow manuals. At least for the GC Pro. I let a pro do the wiring of the GCX. You can control up to 4 GCX's and 8 midi devices with the GC Pro.
I'm thinking of getting a 2nd GCX to control all my stompboxes so the 1st can do the rackmounts and final out to amps. This way I can put every stompbox in a seperate loop and use the buffer of the GCX to prevent signal loss

Their website

Question about the Variax, can you use it and its guitar simulations on anything or do you need a seperate Line 6 control unit as well?

Question 2: Why the sparkle finish and not the cool black and red Vertigo finish?

Muad'zin said:

Question about the Variax, can you use it and its guitar simulations on anything or do you need a seperate Line 6 control unit as well?

Question 2: Why the sparkle finish and not the cool black and red Vertigo finish?

1. You don't need any special controller to used the Variax. You can so straight into any amp or directly to the house. It does have a footswitch that it comes with which uses a stereo patch cord and supplies power to the Variax. (You can also run the Variax off 6 AA Batteries)

The other nice thing about the footswitch is that is has both a 1/4 and XLR out, so it also functions as a direct box.

It is a fantastic guitar. Not just great sounds but you have 2 options for each guitar. A standard tuning and one alt tuning. You can do a Capo's setting, open tuning or create your own.

2. I went with the sparkel because I was playing it on LAPOE and it was more authentic that way. I still prefer to play the LP on The Fly.

The sparkel finish was also easier to do in a fashion that I could be able to change in the future without damage to the guitar.

Here is is prior to the sparkel
16a1dcd6.jpg

TheEdge U2JT, have you ever had a problem with your GP pro where one device refused to go to its ordered preset? I currently have a Boss GX-700 and a Roland GP-100 that won't do as they are told by the GP pro. And I've tried everything, from changing midi channels to changing midi cables and the order through which they run.

Back
Top Bottom