UTEOTW Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyBeef

Babyface
Can someone post that little intro riff from Until the End of The World, the screaming guitar bit?

Whoa... that actual effect! If you can pull it off, I'd like to see you do it. It's actually a mix of vocals and some crazy guitar setup, I'm afraid only the Edge will be able to accurately replicate it (and even he probably doesn't remember, as they've just play it over the P.A. whenever they play UTEOTW it live).

...That is unless you're talking about that slidey bit he does over it live (especially noticable on Zoo TV). If that's what you mean, then that's just a slow slide up the thick E string from the 2nd to the 15th fret.

On the live at Slane Castle DVD it looks as though he's actually playing osmething, though it doesn't show him for long enough to make anything out. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew at least the pitches it might be, I'm having a bit of trouble working that out. But thanks for the explanation!

Yeah at Slane he plays the slidey intro on the top string, listen closely and you will hear it. But if you watch other boots or even the Boston DVD you will see that that intro is clearly played over the P.A. and I don't know of anyone who has ever even come close to doing whatever he did when he recorded that with Bono (I doubt also you could do it without buying whatever [probably rare and expensive] equipment he used for it also).

I think I read somewhere that the screaming bit is actually Bono's voice ran thru a processor or something

From what I heard it's a mix of Bono's voice and Edge's guitar. Think I read something along the lines of Bono screamed, which was recorded, then played into the pickups on a guitar...Don't know how accurate that info is.
Would hate to try to recreate that. As JT hugger said, would be very impressive if someone did

Back
Top Bottom