Until the End of the World Elevation Boston Settings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffclark42

Babyface
I'm trying to approximate the sound for the UTEOTW on the Elevation Boston Tour. I have a Les Paul into a Korg SDD-2000 into a Vox AD30vt. I realize that with 1/100th the gear I won't duplicate it exactly but I figure I can approximate it. I have a handle on the delay settings, but I'm wondering about modulation?, chorus?, compression/sustain?, eq?, and pickups?

Any words of wisdom out there? Would the Korg A3 help get me a good chunk of the way there?

Thanks!

Jeff

I am looking for this too :) Treble pickup, I stood 2 inches from the TV for 5 minutes trying to see which way it was :wink:

All I know is you need delay, which you got down, some overdrive, a compression/sustainer, and I dont think he uses wah on it but I think its worth checking/experimenting with. Unfortunately I do not know any settings :(

all your missing is a boss od-2 for the overdrive, that alone will get you very close to the sound. for the verses turn it off and add some mod. delay at 432 ms.

jeffclark42 said:
I'm trying to approximate the sound for the UTEOTW on the Elevation Boston Tour. I have a Les Paul into a Korg SDD-2000 into a Vox AD30vt. I realize that with 1/100th the gear I won't duplicate it exactly but I figure I can approximate it. I have a handle on the delay settings, but I'm wondering about modulation?, chorus?, compression/sustain?, eq?, and pickups?

Any words of wisdom out there? Would the Korg A3 help get me a good chunk of the way there?

Thanks!

Jeff

It has to be the treble pickup. Anything else lacks the bite that this tune requires.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I just received my Boss OD-2 today. After fiddling with it for about 15 minutes I had a pretty respectable edge-like sound. I split the signal to 2 channels, one of which had a slightly modulated Korg 2000 on it the, the other had some chorus with reverb (built into the Ad30vt). I thing it sound close enough.

Thanks again for eveyone's suggestions!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom